Concerned... HELLP?

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

Concerned... HELLP?

Postby jennwhite » Thu Jan 26, 2012 04:49 pm

Hello... I am 25 years old... I have antiphospholipid syndrome and factor V leiden... I have sent 7 lil angels to be with Jesus...this is my 7th pregnancy and I am 33 weeks tomorrow. My BP is typically 90's over 50's... up until today. I am on Lovonox injections and baby asprin daily. tuesday I had lots of "dizzy spells " and double vision but my BP was fine so he was not concerned... Last night I noticed swelling in my ankles... today I have pitting edema to mid calf... my hands are swollen and my face is as well. My BP was 136/80... the Dr says he is not concerned because it is still in the "safe range" but I am thinking its a BIG jump... I have not felt myself at all this week.... completely exhausted... and VERY nauseated. I started today with pain... pressure, kind of like heartburn directly below my sternum, and straight through to my spine... My bra irritates it terribly. He says it is the baby's bum pushing up... I feel so silly... am I nuts?
jennwhite

Re: Concerned... HELLP?

Postby tree » Thu Jan 26, 2012 09:09 pm

My BP never got that high, and I had class 1 HELLP. That combination of symptoms suggests that you really should get checked out ASAP. I would recommend calling your doctor and discussing all of your symptoms.You could also just go into L&D to get checked out. They will probably run some bloodwork to make sure everything is ok. I hope you are fine and that you get some more time to grow this baby. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.
Daughter born April 2009 at 35 weeks due to Class 1 HELLP
tree
Forum Moderator

Re: Concerned... HELLP?

Postby blythe » Thu Jan 26, 2012 09:42 pm

Just echoing Teresa - in your shoes I'd go into L&D and report your symptoms and ask if they think the symptoms warrant bloodwork to check your liver. Our experts have called third trimester nausea an "underappreciated symptom".
https://www.preeclampsia.org/health-inf ... ptoms#sick

Here's a link where other women talk about what the URQ pain / abdominal pain felt for them.

I hope you're okay but in your shoes I'd really want bloodwork to be sure. Please let us know what L&D / your doc says!
Heather, mom to
#1 7-18-03 - 5#8oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
#2 8-11-06 - 6#14oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
#3 9-10-09 - 5#10oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
blythe

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders