Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Sad and fustrated.

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Sad and fustrated.

Postby baylor » Thu Jan 26, 2012 01:18 pm

by baylor (26 Posts), Thu Jan 26, 2012 01:18 pm

TTC for Baby #2: So, this is the last month we are doing Clomid. We agreed to do only 3 cycles. We also agreed not to push it any further with any type of fertility treatments either. So, my husband is getting clipped in July and we are going to continue not to use protection but aren't going to do ovulation kits or clomid anymore till then. We are offically going to stop "trying" after this month. The thought of only having one child saddens me, but I'm also super grateful and know all things happen for a reason. I remember praying before we started trying for God to make me infertile if it meant that having a second pregnancy would kill me, baby #2, or if it would mean a life-time of suffering for baby #2 due to extreme prematurity. Perhaps he is answering my prayer.

Anyone have any experience with getting preganant after they stopped trying? Or how about having tried for a second one but nothing happened so you are happy with your one?
baylor

Re: Sad and fustrated.

Postby ktsl123 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 09:18 pm

by ktsl123 (297 Posts), Mon Jan 30, 2012 09:18 pm

I have only experienced 1 pregnancy, but I have plenty of friends that got preg on accident. LoL I think it is easier to accidentally get pregnant then try sometimes. Trying isn't fun for everyone especially if it takes too long. I have heard from my Dr that when someone takes clomid they usually get pregnant within 3-6 months. Friends and some family of mine that has one kid are happy with one kid. They always just wanted one. I know of women from the PE boards that are scared to get preg again after there one, but badly want to have another baby. So I would say that if you know that you want another baby, but decide not too then there most likely will always be an emptyness in your heart. It all depends on what you want. Some people believe that everything happens for a reason. I believe that some things happen for a reason and other things just happen.
Son born healthy at 5lbs 8oz at 35 weeks +2 days due to Severe PE on 7-21-09
ktsl123

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia