Hello

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Hello

Postby debmc » Wed Feb 15, 2012 03:29 pm

I'll try to make this as brief as I can and without sounding like too much of a harlot !!

When I was 18 I had my first child and ended up with severe pe. My second child by my then husband (a different partner to the first) was born at 38 weeks, weighing 4lb 14oz, due to severe pe. I suffered quite badly afterwards and was in hospital for 9 days and on meds for 8 months.

I've since gone on to have 2 pe free pregnancies with my ex husband. But now I'm with a new partner and he would really like us to have a child together, but the thought terrifies me. I'd love to have a baby with him, but I know there's a risk with new partners and I'm convinced that's why I had pe in my 2nd pregnancy.

Any advice ?
debmc

Re: Hello

Postby sam10 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 08:57 pm

Who wouldn't be afraid of PE striking again, if you'd had it once?
Perhaps it would make you feel better if you'd set-up a pre-consult with an MFM/peri, so you can discuss your case of PE, your chances of getting it again and all your worries and fears? The MFM also would be checking you for any underlying conditions. It made me feel a lot better once I had my one-hour discussions with my MFM
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia