supplements

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re: supplements

Postby caryn » Mon Mar 19, 2012 01:23 pm

:) It's interesting to see the differences between things people decide to take, and the things their care providers recommend, and how things vary by care provider, isn't it?
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies? Lectures from researchers?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy
caryn
Forum Moderator

Re: supplements

Postby cgoodi1 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:48 am

Hi! I just went to meet a doctor who does many research studies with preeclamptic patients and he agreed to take me on as a patient. I'm really excited about his ideas and he really knew about all kinds of studies in this area. He said to go with the recent studies that are out there and take any vitamin that has proven to have any kind of reduction in PE. He said they may not all work but vitamins will not harm you or the baby. He suggested that I take folic acid, prenatals, vitamin D and beta carotene. He also suggested calcium but because I'm a heavy milk drinker he said I could skip that one. He said that vitamin C and E (antioxidants) did not help reduce PE so those ones are not needed. I will also be on low dose aspirin and heparin after becoming pregnant (probably between 8-10 weeks). I lost my baby girl when I was only 21 weeks. I'm waiting on blood test results and they're going to check my liver and kidneys to make sure all is well, but if all my tests are good I have the green light to become pregnant in August! So exciting!
Stillbirth - 21 weeks gestation due to severe preeclampsia, HELLP and IUGR - 15/02/12
Baby girl Aria - Induced due to high blood pressure at 36 weeks + 2 days - 7lbs 3oz - 05/03/13
cgoodi1

Previous

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia