Post Reply FAQ Members Login

OMG! It's Twins!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

OMG! It's Twins!

Postby baylor » Thu Mar 22, 2012 01:34 pm

by baylor (26 Posts), Thu Mar 22, 2012 01:34 pm

So, I just found out yesterday, that I am pregnant with twins! This was not at all expected. I got pregnant off the Clomid, so it is deemed spontaneous. Right now they can not see any separate sacs or any sort of barrier between them. So, there is a risk of mono-mono twins. I hope they are not because that would make things soo much more complicated. This really ups the risk factors. Anyone here also have/had twins after preclampsia?
baylor

Re: OMG! It's Twins!

Postby MomTimesThree » Thu Mar 22, 2012 01:52 pm

by MomTimesThree (561 Posts), Thu Mar 22, 2012 01:52 pm

Nope, but double congratulations! :) I'll keep crossables crossed that they will turn out to be the less risky kind and that you'll have a happy and healthy 9 months with them both! :)
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby aajatwins » Thu Mar 22, 2012 02:21 pm

by aajatwins (476 Posts), Thu Mar 22, 2012 02:21 pm

Congratulations!! Such a double blessing! I had my twins first and then a PE-free 2nd pregnancy. I do have a friend who had PE in her first pregnancy (singleton) and then a PE-free pregnancy with her twins - so it is possible. Mine are mono-di, so we were high risk and I was thankful to have such good care (minus the old views of BP issues that have since been corrected, thanks to my experience). Mine were separated by this thin little membrane that was so hard to see and sharing a placenta. But there is such awesome technology out there today to check for TTTS. I hope and pray you have a long, uneventful pregnancy!

There is a cool video that I posted on my blog at the end of my twin pregnancy that might give you some hope - you can click on the tags for all pregnancy related posts and its close to the top.
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby baylor » Sun Apr 01, 2012 02:40 pm

by baylor (26 Posts), Sun Apr 01, 2012 02:40 pm

Update:

The twins are mono-di. So, it's more complicated but at least they are not mono-mono.

aajatwins, your friend that had a PE-free twin pregnancy, did she do anything different during that pregnancy?
baylor

Postby aajatwins » Mon Apr 02, 2012 09:20 pm

by aajatwins (476 Posts), Mon Apr 02, 2012 09:20 pm

To my knowledge, she did nothing differently. She is overall a very healthy person, but I doubt there was anything special that kept her from getting PE. As much as we all want a magic something to be able to eat or do or not do to keep us PE-free, there is nothing proven! Frustrating, I know.

Hope all 3 of you are looking healthy right now (and will continue that way)!!
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Return to Pregnant Again?