What happens biologically during Pre-E

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Re: What happens biologically during Pre-E

Postby MomTimesThree » Thu Mar 29, 2012 04:08 pm

This thread has been so interesting. I wondered if anyone knew if the etiology of super-imposed pre-e was different. If I understand correctly in "regular" PE it all originates from placenta issues. When you have super-imposed pre-e is that still the case? Or is it that because you have PIH, reach those pesky 140/90s and then are spilling protein which makes you pre-e diagnosable you get the label even though biologically the same thing isn't happening.

I hope this makes a lil' bit of sense. Our pre-e with our 2nd lil' one was so abnormal, and all our early labs placenta labs were normal (as they are this time around). Especially because with this lil' we were already spilling protein at 10weeks if last time was really super-imposed, even though I didn't have any blood pressure issues with my first, but maybe we would have if we had gone to term. Our bp is already starting to rise a lil' bit, now firmly trending in the 130s, and at a 2nd 24hr at 18 or 19 weeks creeping to 242. (If it goes any higher we'll be put on bp meds) I wonder if things continue progressing if this time around we would get a super-imposed label. Though gosh... I hope all this thinking about this is all for nothing and we get a pregnancy without any diagnosis except for pregnant with big fat full term healthy baby.
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby MomTimesThree » Mon Jun 04, 2012 03:20 am

Just wondering if there was any research on why some pre-e is so quick moving and some so slow? Have any protective factors been discovered or is it all just luck of the draw?
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby bsherricca » Thu Aug 23, 2012 02:40 pm

I just got my post pe 6 week blood test results back and they all came back as normal (except for slight anemia) ie i have no underlying conditions ...the tests they did were B2 Glocoprotien i and cadiolin AB ...are there other tests that should have been done ? are there other instances where women have had no underlying contions but still developed PE? ...
bsherricca

Previous

Return to Ask the Experienced