Anyone elses spouse not willing to get pregnant again??

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
frogibe

Re: Anyone elses spouse not willing to get pregnant again??

Postby frogibe » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:45 am

My situation is a bit different but I understand where you are coming from. I have two daughters, with my first I had PE and HELLP and had her at 28 weeks only to watch her pass away 5 weeks later from NEC. We became pregnant again (my hubby was nervous but very positive) and we had a beautiful rainbow baby at 35 weeks due to low fluid but no PE or HELLP thank goodness. I would love to have another one and he is just totally against it. It is really hard for me to even try to accept that I may be done having children all together at only 27 years old. Utimately it is not only your or my decision its a relationship choice (both hubby and wife) and someone is going to have to understand and move on.....
Jennifer(30) Chronic Hypertensive
mommy to Kelsie born 1-10-10 from severe pre-e and HELLP at 28wks.
grew her wings on 2-14-10 due to NEC.
and to Josephine born 8-4-11 at 35wks. due to low amniotic fluid, but PE and HELLP FREE!!!! I kicked PRE-E in the behind!!!!!
Surprise! We added a third baby girl, Amelia born on 4-26-2013 at 36.4 wks. via scheduled c-section. PRE-free!

mychaelelaine

Anyone elses spouse not willing to get pregnant again??

Postby mychaelelaine » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:33 pm

I am pregnant, 11 weeks so I'm not worried about that now. My husband is more worried than I am even though I was the one who physically went through all the trauma. I felt the pain of going through labor and delivery only to deliver my baby stillborn. Anyway, I'm hopeful we won't experience preeclampsia and Hellp. My husband is talking of a vasectomy. Mind you, he has 3 living children. He says he wants to have the vasectomy before the baby is even born. This makes me so mad. I pray we don't lose this baby but I'm prepared for whatever happens. I know God will get me through. I pray this baby is fine. If not, I have to keep trying until I get my rainbow baby. I know he's nervous. I am too! Just wondering if anyone else's mate is making statements like my husband, that he won't go through this another time. My husband apparently doesn't get it. I will go to a damn sperm bank if I have to. :D I will have my baby with or without his help God forbid something terrible happens with this angel.
10/17/2011 ~ Mychael Elaine was born sleeping. We miss and will always love you!
9/16/2012 ~ Michael Leon was born, God is so good! Severe pre-e again, induced at 34 weeks, c-section due to baby's heart decelerating with each contraction. 1 week in NICU. I'm done! :)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”