Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Yippee! Growth back up...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re: Yippee! Growth back up...

Postby danielsmom » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:26 am

Thanks. Yeah, I know from reading the stories here over the last few years that things can take turns, even when they tend to look great all the way up to the 3rd trimester. I have to say it, my OB is doing a great job. I've noticed he has a routine: first looks at fluid, then growth, then umbilical cord flow (usually several times). He told me a few appointments back to request a certain room from now on out, so he'd have the highest resolution machine (with 4D which is nice sometimes). Each appt is actually really similar to the level 2 ultrasound MFM appts I had with Daniel. I also appreciate that he regularly consults with an MFM (we talked about some questions he had asked the MFM... problems I could have but haven't had).

Another thing I really appreciate about this OB is that he doesn't downplay my fears and concerns or give me quick generic answers to my questions. He's actually put me back on the table and started the ultrasound again to show me things I'd asked about after my exam was over. I was worried he wouldn't be as thorough because of his high patient load.

When we started, right off the bat, I told him I was worried about growth, then I was like "I'm sorry! I can't help it!" But then he said "whoa whoa... if you weren't worried about this, I'd think you were nuts." ... Huh? Really? Compassion and understanding? :D I get so mad when some of you talk about OBs that treat you like irrational head cases at the slightest mention of your concern. At another point, after the exam, he told me he wouldn't worry about this if he were me, but then he caught himself and said, "but then again, I didn't almost die doing this before!" LOL...

I'm just so glad to be 30 weeks, especially wth positive reports. 32 and 34 are going to feel even better!
Miscarriage Feb 05 & Dec 07
Daniel born Feb 09 at 27w5d, 1 lb 1 oz/12 inches (severe IUGR) due to Severe Pre-E & HELLP. Now tall for age and no complications.
Diagnosed with MTHFR
Cornual Ectopic miscarriage Mar 11
Natalie born 6-5-12 at full term, 7 lb 11 oz & 21.5 inches, progesterone 2-8 weeks (for suspected luteal phase defect), lovenox 6-29 weeks, lda 0-36 weeks, folic.
danielsmom

Postby lennoxlm1 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 01:28 pm

That's awesome! So happy for you and your healthy little girl!!!!
Lee and Melissa,
Delilah 4 years old, born at 38 weeks. Isaac 3 years old born at 36 weeks due to pre-e. Shiloh 2 years old born at 37 weeks due to high b/p.
lennoxlm1

Postby Dee80 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 06:00 pm

Congrats!!!!! That is great news!!! Keep up the good work mama!!!!
Dee80

Postby jean » Wed Apr 11, 2012 09:33 pm

yay!!
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/
jean

Previous

Return to Pregnant Again?