Weight Loss Buddies - Spring 2012 4/10/12

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Weight Loss Buddies - Spring 2012 4/10/12

Postby tree » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:28 am

Welcome to Weight Loss Buddies, Spring 2012 Edition.
Join us any time. We are here to support everyone's weight loss and fitness goals. I am sorry this is a day late. I am on vacation and not spending much time online.
There are no rules for WLB. Many people post their starting weight, weight gain/loss for the week, and their goal. You don't have to post numbers if you don't want to. I think it is a good idea to weight in regularly and track my weight loss, but I understand not wanting to do it publicly. We also use this group to trade healthy recipes and fun workout ideas.

Starting weight: 144
Weight gain/loss: don't know. Probably +1 due to the darn Easter Bunny.
Workouts: lots of walking. trying to get a long run and yoga class in this week.
Eating plan: I lost 16 lbs on WW last year. I should get back on the wagon!
Goal weight: 135

*Edited 4/16/12 - I decided it would be easier to keep one single thread instead of starting a new one each week. We can all check in here until this one gets too big. This will keep everything together and make it less reliant on me to remember to post a new topic each Monday. It also makes it much easier for you all to check in whenever it is convenient for you*
Daughter born April 2009 at 35 weeks due to Class 1 HELLP
tree
Forum Moderator

Re: Weight Loss Buddies - Spring 2012 4/10/12

Postby alexa5 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 08:19 am

I think I should do this....I have been hovering on the idea of losing a few pounds, and this brings some intention into it all :-) I haven't posted/read here as much as I used to, so this will be a nice way to come back. Once I firmly decided to stick with one child and got further away from my pre-e pregnancy I don't relate to it as much as I used to, which is actually kind of nice. I am mainly just grateful I came out of it all okay (as did my son), and focused more on my present and future.

Starting weight: 163 (yuck--how did it jump from 157 to there in just a few short months?)
Workouts: I have worked out regularly for a long time, so will keep up the same with a few challenges thrown in here and there
Eating Plan: Making small changes that allow me to not deviate too far from what I can maintain, but enough to make a difference
Goal weight: 157, and then depending on how I feel there, the next marker would be 154.
alexa5

Postby tree » Wed Apr 11, 2012 09:41 pm

Hi Alexa - Thanks for joining up! Company always helps keep me motivated.
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby LauraBeck12 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:20 pm

I'm so glad that we are doing this!

I started at 197 on Jan 22nd.

Down to 182, as of yesterday (4/14).

Goal.
165 by August 1st, 2012 (my son's first birthday)

I'll be eating smaller portions, doing yoga 1-3 times a week, trail running and weight training.
Laura Beck, mother to Our most cherished Love - Our son- 8/1/11- 8/4/11
severe swelling and increased blood pressure started between 20-22 weeks. (ignored by medical professionals)
was finally clinically diagnosed with severe pre-e at 27 weeks.
spent 2 weeks in hospital.
He was born at 29 weeks, at exactly 2lbs. classical incision c-section.
He lived for 3 days in the NICU , autopsy said "lung failure" was cause of death.

http://clercbaby.blogspot.com/
LauraBeck12

Postby tree » Mon Apr 16, 2012 09:17 am

Hi Laura - Thanks for joining us!

I am going to try something different with WLB this time. We can all stay in this topic for a while instead of starting a new one. It should be easier that way.

Starting weight: 144
This week: 146 (+2)
Eating plan: Back on WW, complete with tracking. I was back home last week, and I went a little nuts.
Exercise plan: Try to recover from nasty cold, then start back to yoga and at least one cardio workout.
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby alexa5 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 07:29 am

I will chime in a day early because though I had some nice work late last week and was down a couple of pounds, I didn't fare so well this weekend and undid all of my good work. My first post still remains, but I have high hopes for this week to do much better :-)
alexa5

Postby tree » Tue Apr 17, 2012 09:24 pm

Alexa - good luck this week!
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby mom2mollyannie » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:06 pm

I was on this board before with both of my daughters - I had Molly at 29 1/2 weeks in 2005 she is now a thriving 7 year old and had Annie at 33 1/2 weeks in 2008 and she is an active 3 year old. I had Pre-E with both - definitely worse with Molly. I was on bedrest in the hospital with her for about a motth and a half before i delivered her. After I had her, I was diagnozed with hypothyroidism which my parents and sister all have and got to my heaviest which was about 203 pounds and I am only 5'5"! Luckly once I got the medication regulated for that, I was able to lose the weight and come off of blood pressure medication and then lo and behold I got pregnant with Annie. After I had Annie my bp went down and I actually developed hyperthyroidism which didn't last for long and switched back to hypo. Three years later, I am still on blood pressure mediation. My dr. tried taking me off of it last year and it creeped back up again. So I am on the lowest dose possible. However, upon recently having my physical, my bloodwork came back with my triglycerides being slightly high, my cholesterol on the verge of being slightly high and most importantly my glucose being slightly high. So I am having to take the glucose test next. i have been cutting back on sugar and watching what I eat and we recently bought a total body workout stationary bike. I am now at 169 and hoping to hit 130-135! So happy to be a part of this board and have some support buddies during the weight loss! Keep up the great work ladies!! I will keep you posted after my glucose test next week too, who ever thought I would have to go and drink that nasty orange drink again - I thought I was done with that after both of my pregnancies. :roll:

Lis
mom2mollyannie

Postby tree » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Welcome Lis! I hope your glucose test goes well.
I am trying to look on the bright side of being sick today. My daughter's birthday is tomorrow, and today is usually a pretty bad day. I probably don't need an appetite in a houseful of cupcakes while we celebrate the only day of my daughter's life that I do not remember.
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby alexa5 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 06:57 am

Just wanted to lend my support to everyone as well, and say good luck with all you have going on and hopeful weight loss!

I had a friend that was motivated to do something after having a doc appt in January....she had one test that indicated she was pre diabetes, so her doctor strongly recommended she lose weight to prevent that. She really wasn't all that overweight...but she did it within 2-3 months. That kind of motivates me because my physical is in the fall and I might have bloodwork this time, so I really want to go in healthy.

I finally got all of the chocolate out of my house so I should be safer now (I hope!).
alexa5

Next

Return to Misc