Back from the hospital...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Back from the hospital...

Postby Dee80 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 07:46 pm

Yesterday I debated about calling my doctor. Since Saturday I haven't been feeling great. My blood pressure has been up, I have swelling now in my feet that has not gone away, extreme fatigue and shortness of breath and on Saturday I saw floaters. The reason I debated about calling is because I had a scheduled appointment for today. But I figured I would rather be safe than sorry especially since my symptoms seemed to only get worse.

My doctor was able to get me in right away. My blood pressure was 160/100 when I arrived and I had trace amounts of protein. He called the high risk doctors at the hospital that I will be delivering my baby and they told me to head down to triage. He told me to pack my bag because I was likely not to be going home.

When I arrived in triage mine and the baby's heart rate were elevated. My blood pressure was actually pretty good for me. My blood work came back good. They tested my thyroid and that came back good also. I still had trace amounts of protein in my urine. After about an hour of being in the triage our heart rates still were elevated so they started me on an IV for fluids. After a couple hours on the IV our heart rates dropped to normal levels. Apparently I was dehydrated which I was shocked about because I am so cautious to drink enough fluids. But, I had a lot going on these last couple days and I guess I didn't drink enough. I feel horrible that happened! They released me from the hospital that night. I was so happy to be back home and in my own bed.

My doctor now put me on a modified bed rest and would like to get me to 36 weeks. I'm praying that I make it to 36. I'm 33 now. I'm just going to take it easy these next couple weeks, enjoy my time with my daughter and pray Pre E stays away and my blood pressure doesn't get any worse.
Dee80

Re: Back from the hospital...

Postby flori » Tue Apr 17, 2012 08:18 pm

I hated the constant hospital visits where I worried whether or not I'd get to go home or not. I'm glad you're home and I hope you and baby make it another 3 weeks. Get tons of rest and drink lots, it's for a good cause.
Flori, 30
Mommy to Gracie- born at 25 weeks 03/15/11, 11 inches, 1.1lbs, and absolutely beautiful. Became my sweet angel the next day.
flori

Postby danielsmom » Tue Apr 17, 2012 09:51 pm

Well I'm so glad that it was just dehydration! I think it's good that your doctor told you to take it easy for the next few weeks. It's not that far away. And it's so much nicer to be at home. You sleep better at home! Is your BP doing much better?
Miscarriage Feb 05 & Dec 07
Daniel born Feb 09 at 27w5d, 1 lb 1 oz/12 inches (severe IUGR) due to Severe Pre-E & HELLP. Now tall for age and no complications.
Diagnosed with MTHFR
Cornual Ectopic miscarriage Mar 11
Natalie born 6-5-12 at full term, 7 lb 11 oz & 21.5 inches, progesterone 2-8 weeks (for suspected luteal phase defect), lovenox 6-29 weeks, lda 0-36 weeks, folic.
danielsmom

Postby MomTimesThree » Wed Apr 18, 2012 00:33 am

I'm so glad you went in. Always better to have the "oh it was "just" dehydration" story and peace of mind than anything else. I'm hopeful that the next three weeks will be very uneventful for you and your lil' one!!
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Return to Pregnant Again?