rainbow babies

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

rainbow babies

Postby mychaelelaine » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:03 am

How many of you have experienced a stillborn or precious angel go to heaven after experiencing pre-e and/or HELLP? I delivered my lil angel on October 17th, 2011 @ 23 weeks 3 days. I am now almost 14 weeks pregnant and nervous as crap! I'm just trying to stay positive and hope for the best. Anyway, I was just wondering how many of us lost a little one but went on to have a successful delivery (even if the birth consisted of pre-e and/or HELLP) and the baby lived? I'm so sorry to anyone who has lost a baby. No one deserves it. I think I almost expected, or at least prepared for, a miscarriage. I have Lupus and was 37. So, I went into it praying to get through to 12 weeks. I did! Then, complete unexpected tragedy strikes. I was dumbfounded. I still am. Now, I am just praying to get to at least 28 weeks and then @ that point, I'll pray to get to 32 weeks. Ugh. Just crossing fingers and anxiously awaiting.

Anyway, just wanted to hear some comforting/positive stories for once. Thanks guys! :D :D
10/17/2011 ~ Mychael Elaine was born sleeping. We miss and will always love you!
9/16/2012 ~ Michael Leon was born, God is so good! Severe pre-e again, induced at 34 weeks, c-section due to baby's heart decelerating with each contraction. 1 week in NICU. I'm done! :)
mychaelelaine

Re: rainbow babies

Postby Petunia » Thu Apr 19, 2012 02:36 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, our stories are all too similar. I lost my son, Peyton, he was my first pregnancy and was born sleeping on October 25th 2011 when I was 33 weeks. I am just over 14 weeks now, so I can't tell you my story YET, but I hope we will both have uplifting rainbow pregnancy stories to share soon! Just know you aren't alone, I'm terrified too.
Married the love of my life 7/11/2009
Our first child, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping at 33 weeks on Oct. 25th 2011. Developed pre-e at 32 weeks.
Pregnant again with what I pray is our rainbow baby, due Oct. 14th 2012. Will induce labor no later than 38 weeks if we make it that far!
Petunia

Postby aajatwins » Thu Apr 19, 2012 03:11 pm

I have not had a loss. But I did have a successful, PE-free second pregnancy.

I just wanted to say that I'm praying for a long, boring (uneventful) pregnancy for you!! And we're all cheering you on and will be here for support no matter what :) Keep the baby steps goals!! I think they help a lot - just go 2 weeks (or days, if you have to!) at a time.
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby mychaelelaine » Thu Apr 19, 2012 03:42 pm

Oh Petunia, I'm sooooo sorry! I can't believe how similiar our experiences our. My heart will always ache for you and me. I am so excited at the same time. :) I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted. How's it going so far????

Aajatwins, thank you so much! I prayyyyy I have the most boring pregnancy ever. I am hopeful for a great delivery and my lil silly to be healthy. So happy you had a pe free 2nd pregnancy!
10/17/2011 ~ Mychael Elaine was born sleeping. We miss and will always love you!
9/16/2012 ~ Michael Leon was born, God is so good! Severe pre-e again, induced at 34 weeks, c-section due to baby's heart decelerating with each contraction. 1 week in NICU. I'm done! :)
mychaelelaine

Postby Petunia » Thu Apr 19, 2012 03:53 pm

Thank you. It's going well so far... of course it's too early to see any symptoms yet so I'm just waiting. I have baby-step goals too... 18 weeks anatomy scan, 22 weeks uterine ultrasound (supposed to help determine risk of pe?), 27 weeks was when I really started to look swollen last time, 32 weeks is when I was diagnosed, 33 weeks is when I lost my son... then if I can make it to 36 with no incident I will be over the moon!! I'm so sorry we're both in this position, but it's wonderful to have people who understand.
Married the love of my life 7/11/2009
Our first child, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping at 33 weeks on Oct. 25th 2011. Developed pre-e at 32 weeks.
Pregnant again with what I pray is our rainbow baby, due Oct. 14th 2012. Will induce labor no later than 38 weeks if we make it that far!
Petunia

Postby Maplecat6 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 04:40 pm

I'm for your loss.

I developed Eclampsia at 27 weeks and my daughter died 16 days later. My story isn't over yet, but I am 36 weeks today with no complications. I'm confident enough about my health to keep pushing the C-section date back. I'm going for 39 weeks ;)
Amy, mom to four
Quinn, 4/28/06, no complications
Lou, 5/8/09, no complications
Rosie, 3/13/11-3/29/11, eclampsia at 27 weeks and then died from NEC
Sara, 5/3/12, no complications other than an obscene amount of monitoring
Maplecat6

Postby mychaelelaine » Thu Apr 19, 2012 04:59 pm

Petunia, I am focusing on baby step goals as well. . . every day! This is so nerve wracking. Crossing my fingers for you!

Amy, I'm so sorry to hear about your precious daughter. I have met so many strong women on this board and other boards. It's so comforting to know I'm not alone but I just feel bad for anyone else who had to go through what I went through, it was completely heartbreaking. I'm so happy that you're so far along though! That is a blessing! Please continue to keep us all posted. I'm praying for you and your baby. So excited for you!
mychaelelaine

Postby cmccaffrey » Fri Apr 27, 2012 02:01 am

We lost our first son Mason at 30 weeks, but our second pregnancy with Noah was preE free. We ended up having a repeat c-section at 38 weeks 2 days and he is now a beautiful 12 week old chunky monkey.

Definitely do like aajatwins said and take babysteps. I tried not to plan anything past a week or two because it would make me have terrible anxiety. Also, try to find something that can help you take your mind of pregnancy... something relaxing. I exercised (don't to that without your doctor's permission), did acupuncture, had prenatal massages, etc. Basically, I took that time to feel as emotionally and physically good as possible.

***Prayers & Hugs***
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy
cmccaffrey

Postby mrsbuehler » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:35 am

Well, this is my first post on the site but I have followed it for years. I know how important it is to cling to any hope that others can offer so I felt the need to reply to your post! I lost my precious little girl at 30 weeks, it was my first pregnancy. I had severe Preeclampsia/ HELLP syndrome.. But thanks to God and my awesome doctor I have had two more SUCCESSFUL pregnancies :) Each pregnancy was far better than the previous. I am beyond blessed.. and I will be praying the same for you!
mrsbuehler

Postby amjon » Fri Apr 27, 2012 03:43 pm

I lost my daughter at 27 weeks. The OB I've gone to this time thinks it was HEELP syndrome. I have a feeling I'll get to full term (and actual DD) this time. ;)
ImageImage
amjon

Next

Return to Pregnant Again?