Preeclampsia and inflammation

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Preeclampsia and inflammation

Postby mychaelelaine » Thu Apr 19, 2012 07:23 pm

I have lupus, systemic lupus specifically, also fibro. I wondered for years how to get rid of inflammation since every issue related to lupus seemed to involve inflammation. For pain, I was initially prescribed ibuprofen which we all know is an anti-inflammatory. My rheumatologist wanted to prescribe Prednisone after several medications didn't work. I took low dosages like Medrol Dose Pak and Depo Medrol. They worked very temporarily. So, with arthritis in my back that had me not sleeping and literally wanting to cry all day, my mother researched, researched, and researched. She found out about Candida Cleanses. This suggested that we all have yeast in our bodies and certain food products trigger inflammation and cause PAIN! Some of those foods include white flour, white sugar, yeast, cheese, and night shade vegetables (green peppers, tomatoes, and white potatoes). I promise you guys, I was shocked beyond belief. I started this new way of living on a monday, January of 2010 and four days later, I was literally back to my old self. I've been sharing this story with everyone who has any type of pain. I had my energy back for the past two years and little (nothing to complain about) pain. Right now I do have increased joint ache I assume because I'm pregnant but it's still nothing really (in comparison) to complain about. So, sorry for the long introduction but I wanted to set the stage for my question.

I've been reading and see that there is some link to inflammation:

"pre-eclampsia can develop in the presence of a normal placenta in women that are susceptible to systemic inflammation, such as with chronic cardiovascular disease or diabetes. While clinical management of pre-eclampsia does not currently include anti-inflammatory agents, current research is focusing on ways to reduce inflammation and oxidative stress."

So, my question is, has anyone done any research about this? I definitely am continuing to avoid any type of bread products, white flour, sugar, cheese, and nightshade veggies. My rheumatologist has not supported my yeast/sugar/flour free diet so I don't expect any western medical practitioner to do so. Just wondering what you guys think? And if you've tried a sugar/flour/yeast free diet?
10/17/2011 ~ Mychael Elaine was born sleeping. We miss and will always love you!
9/16/2012 ~ Michael Leon was born, God is so good! Severe pre-e again, induced at 34 weeks, c-section due to baby's heart decelerating with each contraction. 1 week in NICU. I'm done! :)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”