Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Weight Loss Buddies - Spring 2012 4/10/12

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Re: Weight Loss Buddies - Spring 2012 4/10/12

Postby lisa112 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 05:32 pm

I've been wanting join and meaning to post, but haven't. I have been trying to lose weight since March 1st, but not really being successful since I have only lost 1 pound.

Starting weight: as of now 143, was 144 beginning of March
Weight gain/loss: - 1 pound, I had had lost a total of 4 pounds, but gained back 3 after Easter
Workouts: Zumba class 1x/week, Cardio kickboxing 1-2x/week, strength training 1x/week, and lots of walking. I also have an app for couch to 5K that I want to use to help me start running.
Eating plan: I don't have one! I also did good on WW and will probably start that again since I can't do it on my own. My sweet tooth doesn't help either!
Goal weight: 125
Lisa, 31
Samantha Grace born 1/12/12 @ 30 + 3, 2lbs 2oz, severe PE with HELLP, IUGR
lived 17 days and passed due to complications after surgery because of NEC
lisa112

Postby tree » Sun Apr 22, 2012 09:34 pm

Hi Lisa - Thanks for joining us! Couch to 5K programs are great. I did one after my daughter was born, then turned it into couch to half-marathon. I am not sure I recommend the extended version, but the 5-10K runs are really fun.
I ended up doing a week of "cough yourself skinny", and I lost 2.8lbs. I hate being sick, but I was raised to look for silver linings in these sorts of clouds. :) I hope I can get back to working out this week. It is going to be tough with this cough. My goals for the week are to stop coughing long enough for one workout and to track everything I eat. I am also making my husband take the leftover chocolate birthday cake to work tomorrow. We cannot spend another day together.

We might restart one of our favorite lo-cal dinner modifications this week. We normally eat very healthy foods, but we both have problems with portion control. I got bored of using the scale all the time, so I started rearranging my plate. My husband usually cooks dinner, and we both get in trouble with his serving size. I put back half of what he gives me, and put the rest on top of a big pile of salad greens. We have to eat the pile of greens before seconds. It stops me most of the time.

Starting weight: 144
This week: 143.2 (-0.8)
Eating plan: Back on WW, complete with tracking.
Exercise plan: Try to recover from nasty cold, then start back to yoga and at least one cardio workout.
Daughter born April 2009 at 35 weeks due to Class 1 HELLP
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby LauraBeck12 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 03:23 am

I'm late to check in! Sorry.
I was bad since last check in.
Gained a pound. :|
so i'm at 183.

I'm going to get serious this week though!
Cutting out all alcohol, sweets and breads until i can get out of the 180's!

P.S. Kudos to you Lis... from 203 to 169! Impressive weight loss! If you can do that then i have full faith that you can get into the 130's!
Laura Beck, mother to Our most cherished Love - Our son- 8/1/11- 8/4/11
severe swelling and increased blood pressure started between 20-22 weeks. (ignored by medical professionals)
was finally clinically diagnosed with severe pre-e at 27 weeks.
spent 2 weeks in hospital.
He was born at 29 weeks, at exactly 2lbs. classical incision c-section.
He lived for 3 days in the NICU , autopsy said "lung failure" was cause of death.

http://clercbaby.blogspot.com/
LauraBeck12

Postby alexa5 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 09:50 am

So, can I say I love chocolate? That is my excuse! Not that I have to give it up completely, but cutting back sure would help :lol:

Anyway....same weight as the last two weeks, but I just need to dive in there and go for it. I keep reminding myself my goal isn't so far away, so just do it.

Sorry about all the coughing Teresa!

Good luck everyone!
alexa5

Postby tree » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:33 am

I love chocolate too. We made our daughter a three little pigs cake (chocolate), which seems appropriate as I was standing over the leftovers with a fork last night. I stayed away from the chocolate pig all day, but it must have started squealing after dinner...
FYI, eight chocolate chips is about 45 calories (1 point). I allow myself those (plus a few sometimes) everyday. I can't give up chocolate, but I really need to stay away from the baked "bads".

We can do this. I know we can. One half pound each week adds up, either way.
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby alexa5 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:43 am

Chocolate chips is a great idea...! I just signed up for WW online, and I feel more motivated to have something to help track progress/eating/activity. That way I get credit for working out regularly which is something I enjoy, but will also have to hold myself accountable for the food I eat. I like the new online tools...it has been years since I have done WW, and I didn't really like it the first time around--but I think with the online tools I like it better. I feel less apt to lie about what I actually ate/number of points.
alexa5

Postby tree » Tue Apr 24, 2012 04:47 pm

Good luck with the online WW. I found it pretty easy for about six months, then I got tired of tracking. It is tough to get back in the habit, but it works, so I have to. FYI, you do get activity points. I like watching them add up. I decided that I can't track them if I am not tracking food, so it is a nice incentive.
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby alexa5 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 09:18 am

So, I realize this is just random water weight from eating a bit less food, but I weigh 2 1/2 lbs less today after just 2 days of doing WW/tracking my food and activity! I am pretty excited about that, and it motivates me to keep going. I honestly haven't had to cut out a lot of food...it is more about being honest that everything I eat counts, and has helped me back off on some things/make some better choices.
alexa5

Postby tree » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:10 am

Congrats on the loss! I agree about the accountability and honesty part of weight loss. I was thinking about that as I was eating some ice cream last night. Back on the wagon today... I wouldn't be so good at getting back on if I didn't have this much practice falling off!
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby alexa5 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:18 am

I definitely go over my points each day, so the activity and weekly help a lot. Just eating a basic amount without going overboard puts me over because unless you eat mainly 0 point foods like fruit and veggies, most items have a fair amount of points. For example, eating the lunch I bring to work which I know is less calories and fat than I would have eating out, tends to give me more points than the things I eat out (which shouldn't really be so). But in the end, I think the weekly and the activity points exist for that exact reason....the idea being you feel motivated to stay within your daily points which keeps your eating down, but knowing that you have to have a plan that allows you to eat/not feel too restricted--it kind of accomplishes both things.

I do also like that most fruits and veggies are 0 points...it kind of does encourage you to eat those more often--that was a smart move on their part.

I reset mine to pull from my activity points first...I kind of like that feeling of being rewarded for the exercise I was doing and also feeling like it really counts for something.

Good luck!
alexa5

PreviousNext

Return to Misc