Weight Loss Buddies - Spring 2012 4/10/12

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Re: Weight Loss Buddies - Spring 2012 4/10/12

Postby tree » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:46 pm

I am not sure how, but I managed to lose 1.5 lbs this week.I needed a reminder that getting back on the wagon for four days can be beneficial. I spent the entire week preparing for a conference and recovering from last week's cold. I slipped up with ice cream and cake, but I guess I made up for it with fruit, salad, and some self restraint. Our daughter did her first hike without riding in the backpack this morning. We get more exercise when she rides, but we had a blast Hope you are all doing well. I might be out of the loop a bit until Wednesday.

Current weight: 141.6
Plan: attempt good behavior and conference fun run, then back on the workout wagon at home.
Daughter born April 2009 at 35 weeks due to Class 1 HELLP
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby alexa5 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:40 am

I just wanted to say great job! I will be doing my official update tomorrow after I weigh in, but so far I am down close to 3lbs, so I am super excited about that.

Editing to add today's weigh in at home. I did officially lose 3 lbs so I am happy about that. I can honestly say I made some better choices but all in all I didn't really have to deprive myself. The choices I made were necessary for my health long term anyway, so hopefully this will get me on the right course for the long term even after I hit my goal weight.

Good luck to everyone else!
alexa5

Postby LauraBeck12 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:44 am

Down to 181.4 today.
Was at 180 yesterday but i tend to fluctuate a lot.
It's been hard to break through this plateau that i am stuck in, it's been very difficult to break out of the 180's.

Here is what i have accomplished!

Monday: Anusara Yoga for 1 hour and Running 1.5 miles
Tuesday: Hiking about 2-3 miles
Wednesday: Forrest Yoga for 1 hour
Thursday: Running 1.5 miles
Friday: off
Saturday: off
Sunday: Running 1.5 miles
Monday: Running 1.5 miles
Today: haven't decided what I feel like doing yet, but i will do something
Tuesday: 1 hour of Forrest yoga
Laura Beck, mother to Our most cherished Love - Our son- 8/1/11- 8/4/11
severe swelling and increased blood pressure started between 20-22 weeks. (ignored by medical professionals)
was finally clinically diagnosed with severe pre-e at 27 weeks.
spent 2 weeks in hospital.
He was born at 29 weeks, at exactly 2lbs. classical incision c-section.
He lived for 3 days in the NICU , autopsy said "lung failure" was cause of death.

http://clercbaby.blogspot.com/
LauraBeck12

Postby tree » Tue May 01, 2012 08:17 pm

Congrats on the loss, Laura and Alexa! I actually got up at 5:30 to do the conference 5K this morning. I haven't run in a few weeks, so it was nice to get some exercise. Laura, I am jealous of your yoga time this week. I wish I could find a good place to practice while I am traveling, but I can't bring myself to workout in my room. I guess I need to get over that... I might run again tomorrow morning if I get up in time. Good luck this week!

--teresa
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby LauraBeck12 » Mon May 07, 2012 00:43 am

The low 180's are really cramping my style these past few weeks!!
I can't work out any harder then i am at this point and i watching what i eat like a hawk... no sure what gives.
I've slowly transitioned into a mostly raw diet now.
Lots of nuts, seeds, greens, fruits and veggies.
occasionally (every other day) some cooked chicken.

At one point this week i was at a short lived 179.8, Gah!
now i'm back up to 181.6 as of this morning.

Teresa, one of the few perks of living in this town that i reside is the amazing yoga teachers/studios. I'm hooked! I've been keeping up on my running, ran 2.6K every day last week.

I'm thinking i'm going to try to find a pool this week to get some laps in and change up the muscles that i'm using. Maybe that will help me push through this stubborn plateau.
severe swelling and increased blood pressure started between 20-22 weeks. (ignored by medical professionals)
He lived for 3 days in the NICU , autopsy said "lung failure" was cause of death.

LauraBeck12

Postby tree » Mon May 07, 2012 08:56 pm

Checking in a little late today...
Switching to a diet of wine, pizza, and ice cream did not do wonders for my weight loss this week... I only weigh in once each week because the day-to-day fluctuations drive me crazy. I am at 142.8 (+1.2lbs this week) as of Sunday morning, but down 0.5% body fat. I am trying to get back on a regular exercise program this week and back to eating normally. I can't get back to tracking my intake online for some reason. So, I am trying to eat like I am tracking. I tend to eat because I might get hungry later, and I am giving that up this week. I am also switching my snacks to fruit and measuring portions. I managed to get in a 75 minute bike ride on Saturday, some yoga yesterday, and a 60 min spin class this morning. I would like to get back to yoga every other day. I need to find a class or two to attend during the week.

Laura, good luck busting through the plateau. Going raw sounds like a great way to eat clean. I was stuck at 160 FOREVER, and I might be stuck at 140 for the rest of my life. I didn't break through 180 until I started keeping track of everything I ate. It took me six months of tracking to learn to eat so that I don't gain much when I don't track. I always ate really healthy foods, but I ate far too much of them. I can lose weight on complete garbage (while feeling terrible) if I just balance my intake and my burn rate. Exercise actually helps me less than diet, but it helps me feel better and stay motivated.

Have fun swimming. Your body burns more calories if it is "confused" rather doing a routine workout. Swimming kicks my butt. Switching up breakfast is another way to bust out of a rut. I also find group exercise classes of any sort good for making sure that I am keeping my intensity up. I tend to get spaced out on runs and rides sometimes and slack off. That is harder to do when surrounded by people who are working harder than me. That might not apply if you are more focused than I am.
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby alexa5 » Tue May 08, 2012 06:57 am

Hang in there girls! I know it is frustrating to keep up the things that have to be done to lose weight/keep it off. And then more frustrating when things are stagnant!

In my case I lost another pound so down to 159, which I am happy with. I had hoped for a 2 lb weight loss for the first few weeks, but I do know that my body doesn't always show the loss at the exact one week mark so it is possible later this week I might record another lb off. .....or at least I hope so!

As for the tracking, I plan to track just for the 3 months I paid for, and then I think I will be sure to have a good idea of what/how much I can eat. In my first 2 weeks I happened to use the same amount of points, so hopefully consistency will work.

Have a good week!
alexa5

Postby tree » Tue May 08, 2012 10:41 pm

Alexa - Congrats on the 1 lb loss! I had a slow start too, and my losses did really pick up after a few weeks. I was pretty bummed that I was working hard, hungry, and losing 0.5lbs/week. I think I then started dropping 2-3 lbs for a few weeks when my body figured it out. I am confident that your body will get with the program. I tried to average 1-2 lb each week.
I went to lunchtime yoga at work today, and I lucked in to a "power yoga" class. I used to dread those, but it felt good today. My daughter decided that she wanted pineapple instead of ice cream for dessert tonight. Yay! I find it much easier to stay out of the ice cream if it never comes out of the freezer. Hope you all had a good day too!
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby alexa5 » Wed May 09, 2012 06:45 am

Thanks for the encouragement :-) The good news was today I weighed in at 157, so another 2 lbs down. It might not settle there permanently, but that most likely means I lost at least 2 lbs for the 2nd week, so I am very happy with that. It is much easier to be motivated if you lose 2 lbs the first few weeks to get a good start.

Have a great day everyone....
alexa5

Postby LauraBeck12 » Sun May 13, 2012 10:19 pm

Thank you for all the encouragement and good tips!

I got down to 178 this week! I was so excited... but it was only for one day and now I'm back up to 182 so i'm not sure what to think.

I'm just going to keep plugging away. It's such a battle!

LauraBeck12

PreviousNext

Return to Misc