Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Update - 32 weeks and counting

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Update - 32 weeks and counting

Postby crocusgirl » Tue May 15, 2012 10:39 pm

Had my second appointment with my OB on Monday. Everything is still looking good...I hit 32 weeks tomorrow with no signs of rising BP or protein. YAY! I go for another ultrasound on Friday to check growth and fluid but everything indicates the very squirmy tyke is growing well. I will have a scheduled c-section on June 29 (38+2) unless something changes with my health, or the little one decided on her own to "check out".

I have had some heartburn, but it's just heartburn - TUMS takes care of it. I am really sick of TUMS. Feet have been a bit puffy if I am on them too long, but nothing at all like it was with my first pregnancy.

Here's hopinh June 29 comes with no additional stuff!
Severe PE/HELLP - diagnosed 31 weeks, Violet born 32 weeks - April 23, 2010 - 2.5 lb (IUGR). 5 weeks in NICU, home and going strong.
crocusgirl

Re: Update - 32 weeks and counting

Postby kbielec » Wed May 16, 2012 08:46 am

Can I ask, are you doing anything differently this pregnancy that you didn't do in the first that you think is helping you?
Mom to Annabelle born at 26 weeks due to HELLP (2008) I found out I had Factor V and MTHFR after delivery.
(12/2011) miscarriage, twin boys 8 weeks, on LDA, Folbate, Lovenox
(02/2012) Pregnant - praying for beautiful take home baby due Nov. 3, 2012, on LDA, Folbate, Lovenox
kbielec

Postby aajatwins » Wed May 16, 2012 02:59 pm

Glad to hear everything is still looking good!! It will be baby time before you know it!!
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby crocusgirl » Wed May 16, 2012 05:00 pm

Things I did differently -

Before we even tried for #2, we met with the MFM who treated me with baby #1, to learn if trying again was even a good idea. She thought I was a good candidate, and advised me to start doing low-dose aspirin as soon as I got pregnant, which I did. I also took calcium supplements too, as apparently calcium can have some anti-hypertensive effects. As soon as I was pregnant, I was seen by the PE/HELLP clinic at our women's hospital, where they did a bunch of bloodwork and I had 3 scans to check for "notching". By 24 weeks, my notching was basically gone, and I was told I could stop taking the aspirin. Other than that, I am just hypervigilant. Any time I feel funny, I wander over to the pharmacy and take my blood pressure. I check for signs of swelling, and I bought myself the urine test sticks and do that every couple of days. So far this pregnancy has been totally different. I have had very minor swelling in my feet, only when I have been on them too long, no sign of protein and my BP has been sticking right around 100/60. Last time, it was 155/110 right before I was admitted to hospital, and my feet were monsterous (as were hands and face). I guess the universe just smiled on us this time. I hope it stays that way. The doctors are still keeping an eye for creeping BP as I get closer to the end, but so far, so good.
Severe PE/HELLP - diagnosed 31 weeks, Violet born 32 weeks - April 23, 2010 - 2.5 lb (IUGR). 5 weeks in NICU, home and going strong.
crocusgirl

Return to Pregnant Again?