Post Reply FAQ Members Login

rainbow babies

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re: rainbow babies

Postby danielsmom » Fri Apr 27, 2012 05:35 pm

As a side note - I hope no one watched Grey's Anatomy last night except me. I bawled and bawled! A micro-preemie died from NEC. I thought of many of you and my heart broke for you again. To go through such a difficult pregnancy, then a pre-term birth, then a fight for survival, then a death... there's just not much worse.

My sister in law lost a baby at term. I can't say for sure it was due to pre-e (don't think her doctor even knew what that was), but she had all the symptoms. They sent her home on a Friday to rest (because of high BP), and she would be induced on Monday if she didn't go into labor by then. The baby died either that night or the next morning. After 10 years, she finally had a precious baby boy last November (she is also 37).

It was touch and go for my son, but by a miracle he made it, so I haven't experienced a loss beyond the first trimester. But I'm now 33 weeks and have no issues with this subsequent pregnancy. My doctor really believes that we'll make it to term.

I know it's so easy to be nervous. I used to get so anxious before I'd see the doctor because I just wanted to know that the baby was still alive. It got a lot better when I could feel her kick. You're almost at that point!
Miscarriage Feb 05 & Dec 07
Daniel born Feb 09 at 27w5d, 1 lb 1 oz/12 inches (severe IUGR) due to Severe Pre-E & HELLP. Now tall for age and no complications.
Diagnosed with MTHFR
Cornual Ectopic miscarriage Mar 11
Natalie born 6-5-12 at full term, 7 lb 11 oz & 21.5 inches, progesterone 2-8 weeks (for suspected luteal phase defect), lovenox 6-29 weeks, lda 0-36 weeks, folic.
danielsmom

Postby uncskristy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 08:25 pm

After a PE free first pregnancy with my oldest Davis, I developed PE and was forced to deliver my second son Cooper at 24 weeks. He was with us for 22 hours. Blaine was born in October a day shy of 36 weeks. The PE had come back. Although mild we did not take our chances since the PE moved so quickly with Cooper and delivered Blaine within hours on confirming the PE.
Kristy
Mommy of Three Boys- Davis 10/4/2007(No PE, overbaked at 40wks, 2 days),
Cooper 5/20/2010-5/21/2010 (born too early at 24wks, 2 days due to severe PE) and
Blaine 10/11/11 (35wks, 6 days, mild but quick moving PE)
Wife to Matthew since 6/11/2005
uncskristy

Postby kbielec » Thu May 17, 2012 08:55 am

I too have a similar story...a loss is terribly hard but I have found amazing support and strength from the ladies on this site. I am now almost 16 weeks into another pregnancy and am taking it one day at a time, listening to my body, my doctors etc. Hang in there!
Mom to Annabelle born at 26 weeks due to HELLP (2008) I found out I had Factor V and MTHFR after delivery.
(12/2011) miscarriage, twin boys 8 weeks, on LDA, Folbate, Lovenox
(02/2012) Pregnant - praying for beautiful take home baby due Nov. 3, 2012, on LDA, Folbate, Lovenox
kbielec

Postby mychaelelaine » Tue May 22, 2012 11:09 am

Thanks for all the stories everyone. So sad that we've all had to experience so much pain but cheers to uneventful, preeclampsia free pregnancies! I'm doing very well so far. My blood pressure is completely normal and I have no protein in my urine. Continuing to take baby steps. Thoughts and prayers to everyone!
10/17/2011 ~ Mychael Elaine was born sleeping. We miss and will always love you!
9/16/2012 ~ Michael Leon was born, God is so good! Severe pre-e again, induced at 34 weeks, c-section due to baby's heart decelerating with each contraction. 1 week in NICU. I'm done! :)
mychaelelaine

Previous

Return to Pregnant Again?