Keep on Truckin'

Are you worried about your partners pregnancy? Has your partner already had preeclampsia? Do you have advice for other dads who could be going through similar experiences as yourself? Post here!

Keep on Truckin'

Postby eddie_k » Fri Oct 07, 2005 09:39 am

Just a little update on my wife, me and our daughter, things are going about as well as can be expected. All the blood work they have drawn, all the urine samples (24hr and otherwise) have all been negative. We even got another ultrasound this week (at 30 weeks) and the baby's seems good (they estimate 3lb 12oz which I think is ~70-90 percentiles). So things are well right now. My wife feels about as well as a pregnant woman can.

We were actually talking late one night after she woke up with a leg cramp how tough it has been going through this second pregnancy. We are both in somewhat of a funk. I think it has a lot to do with the immense amount of worrying we are doing (just wanting for her to wake up with the severe upper right back pain she did with her last pregnancy). It is hard to get too excited. We are starting to get better at it. We keep hitting our goals of 20 week, 29 weeks, 30 weeks, etc. We and the OB are starting to feel more confident and relaxed but it is still taking its toll. So once again thank you all for you support and listening to what I have to say. We don't know anyone personally that has gone through PE, so there is really no one who understands, other than you guys. Thanks again.
eddie_k

Re : Keep on Truckin'

Postby melissam » Fri Oct 07, 2005 09:53 am

Eddie,

That is great news. I am glad to hear that things are going well. I know what you mean about not knowing anyone with PE. Even those that I did know, never had an experience like mine.

Sending you tons and tons of good luck vibes. Thanks for the update. I hope that things continue to go well.
melissam

Postby gordon k » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:11 am

It's much easier said than done: just please try to stay alert and aware, you & your wife have been doing a great job. You're armed with knowing what the signs and symptoms are, and have an OB that you trust. Please know that you are not alone; post when you need to. I was worried constantly about my wife and twins, even though we had a doctor that my wife and I totally trusted. We love our wives and children, and the worrying is a part of that. I cannot even imagine what you and your wife have been through with losing your first child to preeclampsia.

For what it's worth (to try help ease your mind, but please remember that I'm not a doctor or nurse and this is what was told to my wife), you're at 30 weeks and your daughter has a beautiful weight (congratulations, she is doing beautifully). My wife's nurse told her that 32 weeks is the "magic gestational age" in terms of if we delivered, things should be AOK. A little while longer for you and your wife, until then please take care of yourself so you can be there for your wife and daughter.

My wife and I will keep you in our hearts and prayers for peace of mind and continued health.
gordon k

Postby lorelei » Fri Oct 07, 2005 01:37 pm

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You don't have too terribly muhc longer now.

lorelei

Postby julie f » Sat Oct 08, 2005 01:33 am

So glad to hear that mom and baby are doing well. You're getting close, on the home stretch now.

I spent my whole last pregnancy waiting for the other shoe to drop, it's a very unnerving feeling. Like Gordon said though, you and your wife are doing a great job. If things should start to get fuzzy, you will catch it and you will know what to do. I pray that you will be coming here with many more healthy updates until we hear that you're finally holding your little miracle in your arms - healthy and safe.
julie f

Postby lucy » Sun Oct 09, 2005 00:38 am

Glad both mom and baby are doing well, keep up the good work and keep an eye out for syptoms. Take care and keep us updated. Good luck
lucy

Postby eddie_k » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:04 am

So I get a call Friday night at work from my wife that she has been having slight contractions for 3-4 hours. She calls the doctors office and they tell us to come down town and get checked out. All the time I was thinking how this is acting just like last time, except for the back pain (thank God!) After two hours of observation, the see that her cervix is slightly opened (they say it is indented). They send us home and tell us if it happens again to let them know. Thank god we have an appointment tomorrow.

So my wife is at 32 1/2 weeks and feels as well as she can, considering she is pregnant. Molly, our little one, is bouncing around like mad in her tummy, which I think calms my wife that she is continually moving. So another hurdle done with and we hope to continue to supply good news.
eddie_k

Postby gordon k » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:37 am

Congratulations on being at 32 1/2 weeks! And I'm glad to hear that Molly is moving around a lot. That is very comforting to know that your child is moving around, enjoying being in-utero. If I were you (because I enjoyed this so much), I'd try to enjoy every movement of your baby inside your wife by looking at and feeling her tummy. It gave me peace of mind when I could see and feel my babies move inside Norlisa. Sounds like your vigilance is paying off; it's great to keep hearing good news from you.

We'll continue to hope and pray that your wife's appointment goes well tomorrow, and for continued health, happiness, and peace of mind for you and your wife (and continued health, in-utero time, and continual movement for Molly). Looking forward to more good news; we'll continue to pray and send you our best.

Gordon
gordon k

Postby eddie_k » Thu Nov 03, 2005 08:29 am

So we are still moving along, 34.5 weeks and counting. The doctors decided to do the amnio on 11/14 (36 weeks) and if everything checks out (mainly the lungs) we will have the C-section on the 16th. My wife was shocked. We had talked about having the c-section at about 37 weeks due to my wife's abruption with the last pregnancy but she wasn't expecting 36 weeks. She now has one less week to do all the stuff she "needed" to get done before the baby arrives.

Does this seem too early to anyone? I have read that most babies after 37 weeks are considered "full term". I guess assuming the lungs are mature, that this is fairly okay. If anyone has any experience with this type of scenario, can you tell me what to expect? Thanks again.

Just as a note, everything is looking great no symptoms of PE or HELLP at this point. My wife is just tired (physically) and ready to have the baby. I don't think she expected it to be so soon though. Thanks again for any info you can give us.
eddie_k

Postby melissam » Thu Nov 03, 2005 09:54 am

Eddie, I am so glad to hear that things are going as smoothly as they are. Thanks for keeping us updated.

I don't have any experiences yet with the lungs and delivery at 36 weeks. However, I know that my doctors will be delivering me at 36 weeks from here on out due to the type of C-section I had with my last pregnancy.

Good luck. I hope it all goes well. It won't be much longer now.
melissam

Next

Return to Dads