Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Looks Like We're Losing This Baby Too :(

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Looks Like We're Losing This Baby Too :(

Postby amjon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 09:03 pm

We had our rescan at the doctor yesterday. The baby hasn't grown at all since the last U/S and didn't have a heartbeat. The doctor has taken blood for hcg and I go back on Monday for a repeat, but I started bleeding pink when I wipe after we left the doctor, so don't think it will be long before the baby leaves. The doctor thinks it is probably just a genetic problem with the baby, but having lost my daughter also I'm thinking there's maybe more going on with me. I don't bleed at all, even though I've been on aspirin. I'm wondering if we need more next time or if maybe it's hyperthyroid or if my BS being to high was a problem. I'm going to try to get the baby when it passes to be tested to see if there is a genetic problem, but not sure if I'll be able to. Has anyone had normal tests for clotting/ autoimmune, but still had a clotting/ autoimmune test?
ImageImage
amjon

Re: Looks Like We're Losing This Baby Too :(

Postby kerisue » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Oh, no, I'm so sorry to hear that. Two losses must be so hard to bear, especially this close together. The doc said it was probably a genetic issue, but I'd still want to gather all the information about my body and health that I possibly could.
I wish you strength to manage this.
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby MomTimesThree » Sun Jun 03, 2012 00:59 am

I'm so very very sorry. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby flori » Sun Jun 03, 2012 01:29 am

I am so, so sorry to hear about this. I remember how excited you were to be pregnant again. I hope you are able to find out what happened.

I remember reading that Angie's MFM or OB told her that there could be clotting disorders that they don't have tests for, but I don't recall anyone testing normal and then finding out later they actually do have one.
Flori, 30
Mommy to Gracie- born at 25 weeks 03/15/11, 11 inches, 1.1lbs, and absolutely beautiful. Became my sweet angel the next day.
flori

Postby sam10 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 04:04 pm

I am so very sorry :( I experienced two early losses, and I was told the same each time. ... that it happens; I know not much consolation. Take the time you need to recover, and talk to your doctors and nurses if there is any further testing that could be done.

Sending you ((hugs))
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby amjon » Mon Jun 04, 2012 08:13 pm

I passed what I think is the baby/ sack/ placenta this morning. We went to the doctor this afternoon. They were sending the tissue to the pathologist as this is my second loss (in 4 months). He suspects this was a chromosomal problem with the baby and we won't have another issue. They are going to continue monitoring me and taking blood hcg until it gets to 0. I go back next week for another. He's doing Thyroid testing and we'll look at other auto immune/ clotting tests they may need to run once the hcg is gone.
ImageImage
amjon

Postby cgoodi1 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 05:47 am

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Stillbirth - 21 weeks gestation due to severe preeclampsia, HELLP and IUGR - 15/02/12
Baby girl Aria - Induced due to high blood pressure at 36 weeks + 2 days - 7lbs 3oz - 05/03/13
cgoodi1

Return to Pregnant Again?