Preeclampsia on TV show this week

The Preeclampsia Foundation does not necessarily endorse any research or news found in this forum, we just want to share what is out there. Please use your own discretion to evaluate any information you find here.

Preeclampsia on TV show this week

Postby kara » Tue Sep 22, 2009 05:11 pm

Eleni, our Executive Director, just sent word that the episode of "The Doctors" with a segment on Preeclampsia will air this Thursday 9/24/09. It airs on CBS, but you should check your local listings for times.

kara
Forum Moderator

Re : Preeclampsia on TV show this week

Postby eleni » Fri Sep 25, 2009 05:44 pm

So I have good news and bad news. The good news is the show aired and the producers listed our website as a resource for their viewers. You can see that [url="http://www.thedoctorstv.com/main/show_synopsis/286?section=resources"] resource page here[/url]. The other good news is my dh set up our DVD-R to capture the entire show in high resolution so we could maybe use the clip later, and I have the entire show!

The bad news is my local station cut into the program for a breaking news story right before the PE segment started and I missed the entire thing! sigh.
eleni
Site Admin

Postby kara » Fri Sep 25, 2009 06:22 pm

Hopefully some else DVR'd it. Anyone?
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby hols537 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 06:28 pm

Oh no, I had it and deleted it last night :(
hols537

Postby rosalinda » Fri Sep 25, 2009 06:37 pm

my cable has been out :(, and I missed it. Does anyone know where
in the web we could find a clip? oh, and how to do that?
rosalinda

Postby kara » Fri Sep 25, 2009 08:20 pm

I checked the shows website, but it doesn't have a feature to watch past shows. There is a blog post (as in singular), about preeclampsia, but it's brief and doesn't mention the PF.
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby rebecca2 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 09:33 pm

I recorded it. There was a VERY small segment on PE. Basically someone sent in an email asking if there was a paternal link to PE. I'm glad they are at least talking about it on TV, but overall I was disappointed. They mentioned that it could be life threatening to mom and baby, but they didn't go over the symptoms. They said it was a triad of things including high BP, Protein in Urine and swelling. There was no mention of the Preeclampsia Foundation. I watched the entire show even the credits and I didn't see any reference to the PF website either.
rebecca2

Postby Dawn D » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:42 am

I DVR'd it and still have it saved. I emailed you, Eleni, the other day my feelings on the report ...let me know if my recording can help you.
Dawn D

Postby eleni » Tue Sep 29, 2009 09:43 am

We knew it wasn't going to be a comprehensive story on PE, just that genetics question that you saw. But the producer got quite interested in the topic as we worked with her over the course of a few weeks and I'm hopeful that we'll be able to do something more indepth in the future. Thanks for recording it Dawn. I'd love to get a copy for our files.
eleni
Site Admin

Return to Announcements and Preeclampsia in the News