Weight Loss Buddies - Spring 2012 4/10/12

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Re: Weight Loss Buddies - Spring 2012 4/10/12

Postby alexa5 » Tue May 29, 2012 06:53 am

That is great Laura! And glad your week went well too, Teresa! I think sometimes taking a break/doing things differently are kind of good for your body...shakes things up a little bit.

I was excited because I posted a weight of 155.5 today, so down 1.5 lbs,.... I finally had a good Tuesday weigh in and got down from the 157 mark that I hovered around for a while. I am still not tracking, but being mindful of how much I have eaten in a day when making decisions about what to eat. Exercise remains the same as my schedule remains fairly normal from week to week.

I was surprised because usually being at the weight I am at doesn't mean a different size, but I had to go by a size down in a couple of pants that I had from the Gap. I love the pants and wanted to get them while they still had them... Usually Gap is not the brand that I would wear a smaller size, so it was really cool :-)
alexa5

Postby tree » Fri Jun 01, 2012 04:36 pm

Alexa, congrats on the smaller pants! I think it really helps to keep track of what fits in addition to weight loss. My body can go through a week or two of "rearranging" weight rather than losing it. I would get frustrated if I didn't notice a loss in (fractions of) inches, followed by more weight loss. I think it is easier to track sizes or what fits. You have to get dressed most days anyways...
I am coming to terms with some involuntary dietary changes this week. I cannot understand how to maintain or lose weight if I have to reduce my fiber intake, so I might crack and try to find a dietician or nutritionist who can help me figure it out. My high fruit and veggie diet seemed to eliminate my stomach problems for a year, but it hasn't been working out so well this month. I hope I can get back to it.
I will be on travel for work next week. I will try to check in when I can. Happy weekend!
Daughter born April 2009 at 35 weeks due to Class 1 HELLP
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby alexa5 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 06:51 am

Good luck figuring all of that out and hopefully finding a way to make it work. I think I have lived on a fairly low fiber diet for most of my life--ha ha :-)

I weighed in at 155.5 again today but that was actually a good thing.... I never hit that weight again after last Tuesday so typically that means my body is thinking about it and will settle in there in a week or two. So the fact that I got back to it was actually nice. Now maybe I am getting closer to staying there and then losing more. Either way I really feel good about where I am at, so I don't want to get frustrated over nothing, but at the same time do not want to give up trying to lose more.
alexa5

Postby tree » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:10 pm

Sorry I have been off the grid for a few days. I was at a conference last week, and things were a little hectic.
I hope I get brave enough to step on the scale tomorrow. I had a little too much fun and was a little lazier than I planned. I did manage to get in one swim and one run while I was there. How are you ladies this week?
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby alexa5 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 07:14 am

Good luck..hope your results are okay :-)

I weigh in officially tomorrow, but last week I hit 154.5 a couple of times, and even again today after a weekend of some indulgences, so I am hoping it cooperates tomorrow for my weigh in day. I was relieved to finally post some good losses, because though I was losing I felt a little stagnant for a while.
alexa5

Postby tree » Mon Jun 11, 2012 09:22 am

My test results came back fine, which is good news and totally unhelpful... I am feeling much better, and that is worth a lot. I weighed in a 144.0 yesterday. I did not watch my diet carefully, so that isn't much of a surprise. Good luck at your weigh-in tomorrow!
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby wooleybear » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:52 am

Did anyone's doc give them time limits on when they start working out again? My doc wants me to wait 2 more weeks before I can do some light walking. I'm finding even walking a lil a day is exhausting. I just got out of the hospital before memorial weekend. I guess I'm just eager to get started, being an avid spinner before I got pregnant. Did anyone find they had to wait a long while to workout, even without a c section? I'm also finding my knees, feet & lower back hurt when I walk or stand for long periods of time in the day. Does this happen to anyone else?

I started out at 150, went to 196 while pregnant, and now weigh 180 w/o any working out, that's how much water weight I lost!
wooleybear

Postby alexa5 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:16 am

wooleybear wrote:Did anyone's doc give them time limits on when they start working out again? My doc wants me to wait 2 more weeks before I can do some light walking. I'm finding even walking a lil a day is exhausting. I just got out of the hospital before memorial weekend. I guess I'm just eager to get started, being an avid spinner before I got pregnant. Did anyone find they had to wait a long while to workout, even without a c section? I'm also finding my knees, feet & lower back hurt when I walk or stand for long periods of time in the day. Does this happen to anyone else?

I started out at 150, went to 196 while pregnant, and now weigh 180 w/o any working out, that's how much water weight I lost!

When I had my son I didn't have a c-section either, and I was so weak and tired when it came to exercise for the first couple of weeks. I wasn't advised not to exercise--just followed the idea of doing what you can handle, start slow. The first week my only exercise was from the parking garage to the NICU and back, and that was enough for me. The second week I started adding walking, but did it slower than usual. By the 3rd week I think I was doing regular activity for the most part...started doing everything I had been doing but probably a little lighter for about a week. Once you get going you will probably feel better/more able to do it...that is kind of how it happened for me.

I, too, lost a ton of water weight just from delivering.... I think about 15-20 lbs or so!
alexa5

Postby tree » Thu Jun 14, 2012 09:43 pm

I had a c-section, but my recovery and return to exercise was actually limited by how slowly I recovered from HELLP. I was (and am again) an active cyclist, runner, and hiker before pregnancy too. I was still anemic 8 weeks out and I started to feel better and more energetic once I got over that. I stayed pretty active throughout my pregnancy until I got sick, but it still took me a while to work up to walking past the end of the driveway. I have met a very few Moms who can work out a week or two after a vaginal delivery. It seems like most of my friends start back up to regular workouts 4-8 weeks later depending on complications, sleep, and generally feeling up to it. Then, you have us. We all got really sick in addition to having a baby. Some of us bounce back more quickly than others, but I would bet that it takes nearly all of us a little longer than the average healthy Mom.
Are you concerned enough to talk with your doctor? It might be worth checking for anemia or something else that could be sapping your energy levels. It might also just take some time. Good luck! I know this is really frustrating
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby alexa5 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 07:10 am

So, last week I recorded 155 on my weigh in day, and although I have hit 154.5 on almost every day I did record that weight anyway, and that gave me a 1/2 lb loss. Today I knew my weight would be off because it is that time of the month, so I recorded the 154.5, since that is actually what I have been weighing. I know it sounds funny...I really am not making all of these numbers up :-) But I also want to be realistic and not record a higher number on WW when I haven't actually gained weight.

I did go in and cancel the WW account because I don't want to forget at the 3 month mark and I am not using any of the tools anymore. I do feel like I am still doing well..... it seems to make sense to be on a 1/2 to 1 lb loss at this point because I am getting closer to my goal weight and I do purposely not eat too little as I want to eat in a way that I can keep up with later on.

I really love the results so far...and I was even able to wear a bikini that I haven't worn in ages--so that was fun!
alexa5

PreviousNext

Return to Misc