Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Anyone have a baby with kidney disease or other problems?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Anyone have a baby with kidney disease or other problems?

Postby cgoodi1 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 05:55 pm

by cgoodi1 (72 Posts), Thu Jun 14, 2012 05:55 pm

I got some more results back today and my microalbumin levels and protein in the urine levels are higher than normal. The microalbumin levels are really worrying me. I lost my first baby to preeclampsia and I so very badly want to have a baby of my own. I was just wondering if anyone on here had kidney disease or problems but still conceived and had a child? I need some success stories to cheer me up. I just spend hours crying with my husband over the results and worrying about whether or not we'll get a child of our own.
Stillbirth - 21 weeks gestation due to severe preeclampsia, HELLP and IUGR - 15/02/12
Baby girl Aria - Induced due to high blood pressure at 36 weeks + 2 days - 7lbs 3oz - 05/03/13
cgoodi1

Re: Anyone have a baby with kidney disease or other problems

Postby JB » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:32 am

by JB (57 Posts), Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:32 am

I'm so sorry you lost your first baby, and that you are now having kidney problems. My mother never had preeclampsia, but she did have kidney disease while pregnant (she has primary hyperoxaluria, which causes excess oxalates in her blood that form stones in the kidneys. She lost one of her kidneys to the disease when she was 18 or 19). She had five healthy children with her disease and with only one kidney, so it is possible. There are so many different types of kidney disease, with different levels of severity that I wouldn't give up hope of having a baby yet, if I were you. I would, however, find a good nephrologist who can help you manage your disease and help your OB manage your pregnancy when you are trying to conceive again.

Good luck with everything, and I hope it all works out for you!
1st - miscarried at 11 weeks in Dec. 2009
2nd - baby girl born Mar. 2011 at 29 weeks 6 days due to severe PE
3rd - baby boy due June 19th, 2012
JB

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia