Post Reply FAQ Members Login

New - questions & concerns

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

New - questions & concerns

Postby cindergretta » Sun Jun 17, 2012 06:36 pm

by cindergretta (224 Posts), Sun Jun 17, 2012 06:36 pm

I posted here years ago. I am back again. A brief history - I have 6 children. I had pre-e with my first and third and HELLP with my 5th. My very first pregnancy ended in miscarriage. After my fifth, I had a miscarriage. Now, in the last year, I have had 3 miscarriages.

I am currently roughly 11.5 weeks pregnant. We saw the heartbeat at 8 weeks via u/s. I had a pap/pelvic exam on 6/8. On 6/9, I flew across the country for my grandfather's funeral. On 6/13, I flew home. Travel was done during the night, so for 4 days, I got no sleep on 2 of the nights. On Thursday, I started having brown spotting. That continued through Friday. Yesterday there was brownish red menstrual looking blood, too. There is no dripping in the toilet, nothing on a pad. It is only when I wipe. Then there is fluid on the tissue, sometimes as much as if I were in the middle of AF. About 25% of the time, the tissue is perfectly clear, no brown or red spotting or streaks. I am 39 years old. There is no cramping at all. I have had intermittent headaches.

Am I miscarrying? Is there a chance in h*ll that I won't lose this baby? I called L&D yesterday at the university where I see my peri but they said I couldn't come in to check for a heartbeat. I will call the peri's office tomorrow and hope they will let me come in. In the meantime, I am freaking out. The stress is about to kill me.

Advice? Experiences? Anything?? Please. Thank you.
cindergretta

Re: New - questions & concerns

Postby ktsl123 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 09:33 pm

by ktsl123 (297 Posts), Sun Jun 17, 2012 09:33 pm

I know 3 women who have bled during the first trimester and had full term babies. It can be normal, and sometimes women with a low placenta bleed throughout their pregnancy. I'm sorry you are going through this.
Son born healthy at 5lbs 8oz at 35 weeks +2 days due to Severe PE on 7-21-09
ktsl123

Re: New - questions & concerns

Postby angieb » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:38 pm

by angieb (1192 Posts), Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:38 pm

Obviously, you probably already know that it could go either way. It's very encouraging that you saw a heartbeat already at 8 weeks. If you aren't cramping with the spotting, that would be even more encouraging, IMO.

With my current pregnancy, they found a subchorionic hematoma at 6 weeks. My doctor warned me that it was extremely likely it would bleed out, and that this would be totally normal and happens a lot. It ended up getting reabsorbed without any bleeding, at 11.5 weeks they couldn't find it, but that is definitely one cause of bleeding that in many cases can apparently be okay.

I hope you can get in to a doctor soon so you can get some answers, though! This early on, you may have better luck getting a regular OB to see you. (My MFM starts seeing me at 6 weeks to start lovenox, etc., but her nurses told me a few times if I had any signs of miscarriage I should contact my OB and not them...not sure if they are all like that though.)
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/
angieb

Return to Ask the Experienced