Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Ultrasound Update

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Ultrasound Update

Postby mllewellyn » Thu Jun 21, 2012 05:28 pm

by mllewellyn (61 Posts), Thu Jun 21, 2012 05:28 pm

Hello! First, thanks for all of the replies to my 33 week post below. It is so nice to have people to "talk" to who actually understand. Today, I went in for my 2nd weekly US. I have 2/week now. It was a biophysical profile, and we scored 8/8 which is excellent news. My fluid seems to be up one day and down another, no rhyme or reason. Today, it was 9.8 which MFM said was fine. Everything else they measured was great so I am very happy about that.
We had a lengthy wait to see the MFM after the US because two pregnant ladies passed out in the office. Anyway, she went over the results, and we talked about them. I then spoke to her about the results from Monday (19th percentile, low head circumference). She said that head wasn't a major concern since 99% of the time it didn't mean anything. She asked if I remembered the abdominal circumference, and I told her my OB said it was ok. She said this was a worrisome problem if it was low or measuring small. So, she said not to worry, stay on left side most of the time, and cut back on stress. Umm, that is a little hard given my history. So, Gabriel is growing, and he is definitely trying to breathe. The highlight of the appointment was watching the US tech working when he snatched his foot right there on the screen. It was amazing.
I hope all fo you are doing well and not having many problems. Good luck ladies and thanks again for your support!
Mistie
mllewellyn

Re: Ultrasound Update

Postby angieb » Thu Jun 21, 2012 06:24 pm

by angieb (1192 Posts), Thu Jun 21, 2012 06:24 pm

The fluid levels may be changing because of the position of the baby, and also if you have a different tech or doctor measuring them.

Sounds like pretty much good news, fingers crossed you can stay pregnant for several more weeks!
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/
angieb

Return to Pregnant Again?