UPDATE: Possible onset of pre-e found at 24 weeks

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

UPDATE: Possible onset of pre-e found at 24 weeks

Postby acm990 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 03:00 pm

Update time!!

I went in to the MFM this morning for a bpp. LO looks wonderful. 85%ile for head and 87%ile for abdomen..His weight right now as of 25w3d is 2lbs 4oz. This makes me VERY happy, seeing as we know for a fact I am not going to make it to my edd Oct.2.2012. Blood flow from the cord looks perfect, as well as the placenta.

Bp was 141/85 and +1 protein was found in my urine. I did ask for the 24hr urine catch and received that lovely little bucket, so I will turn that in Monday morning and will have the results from that and blood work Wednesday. I also inquired about the steroid injections for his lungs and they said this is absolutely something we will do; However it will hopefully be a few weeks/months before we do this as they said ideally we want to have these injections as close to delivery as possible.

My OB will be seeing me twice a week now, instead of a weekly visit with the MFM. I suppose they were just for a second opinion, and now have info on me in case I need to switch to them in the future. I still haven't been officially diagnosed with pre-e, but they made it clear that they believe they have caught the early development of it. I am not sure weather this is good or bad...Good to make myself aware and educated and have the chance to manage it better but then again I worry that being so early on in my pregnancy, I might have to deliver before 34 weeks, which I was told today is our goal.

Thank you ladies so much!! I am so glad I have found out about this site and board. Didn't know pre-e existed a week ago and now I feel much more prepared for everything.
acm990

Re: UPDATE: Possible onset of pre-e found at 24 weeks

Postby alexis » Sat Jun 23, 2012 06:06 pm

I'm glad you're being followed closely--hope you keep that baby cooking longer!
Chronic hypertension
Aliza - 01/05/2007 - Severe preeclampsia, emergency CS 37 weeks
Isaac - 09/26/2011 - controlled on 150mg Toprol, NO PE, 39 weeks!
alexis
Forum Moderator

Re: UPDATE: Possible onset of pre-e found at 24 weeks

Postby lemons » Fri Jun 29, 2012 09:29 am

Sounds like you have a great medical team following you and baby. I was curious to know how you made out with the 24 hr urinalysis and blood work?
Diana, happily married since 2007.
Miscarriage at 10 weeks (June 2009).
DD at 30+0 weeks weighing 2lbs 9oz (October 2010) due to PE and IUGR. Today, a happy and healthy toddler.
lemons

Return to Ask the Experienced