Post Reply FAQ Members Login

seizure after eclamsia

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

seizure after eclamsia

Postby mccy73 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:26 am

Hi everyone,
My daughter developed eclampsia at 34 weeks and had to have an emergency c-sect after having 3 seizures. After delivery she had several more and had to be intubated for a couple of days. Well that was 2 yrs ago and her and the baby are doing well. Recently while at work she had a seizure. She has an upcoming appt with a neurologist but I was wondering has this ever happened to anyone else. She never had seizures prior to pregnancy and this has definitely taken us by surprise.
mccy73

Re: seizure after eclamsia

Postby aajatwins » Sun Jul 08, 2012 09:06 pm

Did your daughter have any follow up tests done after her delivery? I had an MRI done immediately after my seizures/c-section, and then again about 6 weeks later for comparative purposes. My OB was not initially convinced that I suffered from eclampsia due to some weird fainting spells I had earlier on in the pregnancy. The MRIs were to rule out any other seizure disorders (as far as I know, but I'm sure other tests could have been done).

I have not heard of that happening so long after a bout with preeclampsia - the reasons for the seizures in pregnancy is a problem with the placenta and makes the mother sick, so having seizures that long afterward doesn't sound like it would be related. Hopefully, someone else more "science-y" can chime in here!
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Re: seizure after eclamsia

Postby mccy73 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 04:52 pm

Hi, well she seen the neurologist and they are going to do some diagnostic test. I will keep you updated.
mccy73

Return to Ask the Experienced