Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Placenta Position and PE??

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Placenta Position and PE??

Postby nov_mum » Mon Jul 09, 2012 04:58 am

by nov_mum (130 Posts), Mon Jul 09, 2012 04:58 am

Hi there

I am sure this has probably been asked before however is there any correlation with placenta position and PE? I have had three previous PE pregnancies all with anterior placentas. This one may be in fact also anterior but I believe I am feeling flutters already at 12 weeks (could be an over imaginative mind) and I never have felt anything until 21-22 weeks in the past. I am just wondering if people had different outcomes with different positions of placenta. I am clinging to a very faint hope that this time might be different, although resigned to a PE pregnancy really.
nov_mum

Re: Placenta Position and PE??

Postby jules2 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 06:33 am

by jules2 (514 Posts), Mon Jul 09, 2012 06:33 am

My first pregnancy was anterior very low placenta and a terrible ending (PE, stillbirth, HELLP 25-26 weeks). My second pregnancy the placenta was anterior high and totally normal full term etc. This time (now 21 weeks) its posterior high. I doubt there is a correlation but I am not sure. No reason to think subsequent pregnancies will necessarily turn out the same way though (happily for me and many others)
May 2009 - Alice stillborn at 26 weeks due to severe PE and HELLP post-partum

2 early miscarriages

And then 4th pregnancy baby girl due 29th December 2010! Born safely after totally normal pregnancy on 17th December.
jules2

Return to Ask the Experienced