Sonogram Update

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re: Sonogram Update

Postby kbielec » Thu Jun 28, 2012 08:20 am

Had my appt yesterday morning at the MFM to peak at Baby Girl. She was wiggling all around but the Doc was able to get some good measurements, and said "although she still looks small, she's catching up and she's growing, and she sure is active. I actually think it looks good today, see you in 2 weeks"
Baby Julia measured in at 11oz yesterday, I was 21 weeks 3 days yesterday. My BP was good at home 101/69 and at the doc 120/69 (nerves) I was relieved to see some growth. The uterine artery dopplers both left and right side looked "surprisingly good" said the doc. And, the cord doppler, looked "way" better than last time. So, another 2 weeks at home for me - back to the doc on the 11th. Grow baby grow.

*the only down fall to the appt was there looks to have been a small placenta bleed...the doc did say "it happens" and the placenta looks good for the most part so she'll watch it. She did say the baby will probably come early, we aren't going to have an 8lb baby...but I am hoping for a few pounds at least! I am keeping the faith, resting, eating, drinking water and doing some light exercise to keep the blood moving...oh and PRAYING!
Mom to Annabelle born at 26 weeks due to HELLP (2008) I found out I had Factor V and MTHFR after delivery.
(12/2011) miscarriage, twin boys 8 weeks, on LDA, Folbate, Lovenox
(02/2012) Pregnant - praying for beautiful take home baby due Nov. 3, 2012, on LDA, Folbate, Lovenox
kbielec

Postby lotsamom » Fri Jun 29, 2012 08:09 pm

Great update on baby's weight! I'm glad she wasn't as small as they were thinking. I hope everything resolves with the placental bleed too.
lotsamom

Postby danielsmom » Sat Jun 30, 2012 03:27 pm

That is great news! She's grown exactly what she should have in the last 2 weeks for this stage, so that ought to be really encouraging. Great blood flow and BP too! Just think, the next time you go in, you'll be almost 24 weeks. I can't believe you're that far along already.

Why do you think the doctor said she won't be 8 pounds? It's obvious that this is a high risk pregnancy, but it seems like things are going well so far. Does she have firm plans to deliver early at this point? We took our last pregnancy week to week... I don't think any of us (doctor included) expected for it to go that well. I didn't even ask specific delivery questions until 3 days before. There were always more important questions to ask it seemed, and my mind could only handle the here and now. Then all of the sudden we were 38 weeks and still going strong. :) Guess I'm just saying that you never know!
Miscarriage Feb 05 & Dec 07
Daniel born Feb 09 at 27w5d, 1 lb 1 oz/12 inches (severe IUGR) due to Severe Pre-E & HELLP. Now tall for age and no complications.
Diagnosed with MTHFR
Cornual Ectopic miscarriage Mar 11
Natalie born 6-5-12 at full term, 7 lb 11 oz & 21.5 inches, progesterone 2-8 weeks (for suspected luteal phase defect), lovenox 6-29 weeks, lda 0-36 weeks, folic.
danielsmom

Postby MomTimesThree » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:03 am

So glad the appointment went well, and I agree with Danielsmom, MFMs are uber smart, but they don't have crystal balls, and I'm hopeful that each appointment will bring more good news! I'm keeping all crossables crossed!
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby mrsgladden » Mon Jul 02, 2012 02:22 pm

So glad to hear that your last appointment went well... what a ride! In one of your previous posts you mentioned that your MFM recommended some foods that might help with growth? Can you share those recommendations?
Thanks and best wishes!
mrsgladden

Postby kbielec » Tue Jul 10, 2012 09:53 am

Well - we go back tomorrow morning for the 2 week follow up scan. Had an OB appt yesterday, all was good there. BP good, weight gain good, no swelling, heartbeat strong from baby girl at 158. Have had a head ache the last few days, not all day, and I truly believe it's sinus related as I have been extremly stuffy the last week. But I am watching it. Praying little Julia has gained some weight - I know she's moving around, I feel her all the time, just hoping the blood flow and growth are also good.
I'll let you know!
Mom to Annabelle born at 26 weeks due to HELLP (2008) I found out I had Factor V and MTHFR after delivery.
(02/2012) Pregnant - praying for beautiful take home baby due Nov. 3, 2012, on LDA, Folbate, Lovenox
kbielec

Postby jules2 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 01:11 pm

Good luck for tomorrow ... Hoping you get a lot longer yet .....

Best wishes

Jules
May 2009 - Alice stillborn at 26 weeks due to severe PE and HELLP post-partum

2 early miscarriages

And then 4th pregnancy baby girl due 29th December 2010! Born safely after totally normal pregnancy on 17th December.
jules2

Postby MomTimesThree » Tue Jul 10, 2012 07:52 pm

Keepin' crossables crossed that tomorrow shows one fat lil' baby in there! :) Do keep posted when you can, I'll be thinking of ya and hoping that pesky headache goes away!

Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby kbielec » Wed Jul 11, 2012 02:12 pm

Well, today's appt did not go at all as I had hoped.
Baby girl Julia was moving all around and kept turning her back on the tech which was "cute". She kept playing with her face with her hands...also cute. Ok - on to the good stuff. Uterine dopplers on left and right looked great, umbilical cord doppler looked great, baby girls heart rate, great 160...fluid, great...BUT, Baby Julia had only gained 1 ounce. That's right, in 14 days...only 1 ounce. They are concerned and "frustrated" and don't know why she's not growing.
My MFM actually hugged me and said, "I am humbled by this, and I don't know what's going on".

I have to go back on the 23rd (12 days) to see if baby Julia is growing, I will be having an intro meeting with the NICU that morning as well so they can get me on their radar. If she's growing, she gets to stay in there, if not, we "access" at that time. The MFM did tell me, there's a possiblity that she could pass away in-utero between now and then ...she said when babies stop growing they sometimes do that.

I am truly at a loss. I feel good this time, my BP is great, weight gain is great, no swelling, no liver issues taking meds...and she's still not growing. What do you even say. :(
kbielec

Postby lemons » Wed Jul 11, 2012 03:17 pm

I'm so sorry that you got disappointing news today about baby Julia's growth.

I wanted to offer you a little bit of hope- My daughter was born at 30+0 weeks partly due to an ultrasound (5 hours before her birth) that showed she had not grown at all in two weeks (in fact, the estimate was that she was smaller than at 28 weeks, which isn't really possible). When my daughter was born, the neonatologist asked, "How big were we expecting?", because my daughter was 8 ounces (yes, half a pound) bigger than the ultrasound estimate. After the fact, I found out that it is not abnormal for ultrasound sizing to be 20% off. And for my daughter, the estimate was 33% lower than my daughter's actual weight.

I am sure the next 12 days are going to be very long, stressful, and hard. You and Julia will be in my thoughts. Sending you hugs.
Diana
Diana, happily married since 2007.
Miscarriage at 10 weeks (June 2009).
DD at 30+0 weeks weighing 2lbs 9oz (October 2010) due to PE and IUGR. Today, a happy and healthy toddler.
lemons

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnant Again?