All that I want-is another baby

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

All that I want-is another baby

Postby lornarose » Tue Jul 10, 2012 05:25 pm

Hello to all
I have not been on this forum for a long time. The distance between myself and my October 2010 PE has caused me to have selective amnesia. I am sure my mind and body are playing tricks on me as I am now able to shrug off the trauma of emergency c-section, crazy bp's etc, like water off a duck's back. My desire and longing to try for another baby has consumed me for quite some time and I am now ready to take the plunge. Is this strange?
I am not really weighing up the risk of PE in my decision to try again-I am concerned about my ability to conceive and also more concerned about issues related to my cervix. I had lletz procedure in 2011 in which piece of my cervix was removed. I am categorically a high risk patient but am feeling positive and hope to overcome my poorer than average odds. Oh yes, I am also plagued with an unusually irregular cycle and have also joined the ranks of the mature mother as I am now 35 years old. My plan-healthy eating, folic acid, exercise and hope. I begin my journey tomorrow. I would surmise that I need more than a little luck. I wish all my fellow PE sisters love and luck too.xxxx
Momma to Emma born 34wplus 3 ,October, 2010,due to severe preeclampsia and IUGR.In NICU due to low birth weight and suspected sepsis, home after nearly 4 weeks.
lornarose

Re: All that I want-is another baby

Postby sam10 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 09:55 am

Welcome back to the forums!
I believe that it is nature's way to outfit us with some sort of amnesia, otherwise we'd probably never try again. :D Good luck with TTC and let us know how it goes!
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby ktsl123 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 02:16 pm

I think the way you are feeling is normal. It takes time to feel ready. It took over 2 years for me to feel ready and now I am more ready then ever and have that same desire I had for a baby that I did when I wanted to get pregnant with my son. It's a great feeling when you are ready.
Son born healthy at 5lbs 8oz at 35 weeks +2 days due to Severe PE on 7-21-09
ktsl123

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Tue Jul 17, 2012 07:48 am

welcome back!!! I haven't been on in a a while either, but against the odds and now being 40, I am 11 weeks pregnant. I am sending you lots of baby dust!!! May we brave this together xo
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Postby tree » Tue Jul 17, 2012 09:09 pm

Welcome back and good luck!
Daughter born April 2009 at 35 weeks due to Class 1 HELLP
tree
Forum Moderator

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia