Baby Due in March 2013

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
sam10
Forum Moderator

Re: Baby Due in March 2013

Postby sam10 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 09:27 am

Congratulations on baby#2 :D .

A subsequent pregnancy after having experienced PE is very scary. There are a few of us who are currently expecting (me included), though I am due in early Dec. We can definitely keep each other company.
~Julija (42)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
H (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
M (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/

knhowell

Baby Due in March 2013

Postby knhowell » Thu Jul 12, 2012 06:36 am

I have recently found out I am expecting baby #2 and we are delighted although I am (like all of you would be) secretly scared. I was hoping there may be some other mums out there that are due March (Im an due 8th March) that wanted to keep in touch intermittently throughout the pregnancy.

I was hospitalised at 27 weeks for severe PE, put on Mag Sulphate for 3 days while they gave me steroid injections for the baby and was booked in each day for a c-section (if I didn't worsen to bad over night they would let me go another day)... to their amazement I stabilised all my levels, didn't get better but wasn't getting worse until 30 weeks when I had an emergency c-section as I developed HELLP syndrome.

I have a beautiful baby girl - born 1lb9oz.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”