Preparing for pregnancy post PE at 24 weeks.

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Preparing for pregnancy post PE at 24 weeks.

Postby Kathrynwwjd » Fri Jul 13, 2012 09:15 am

I lost my baby IUD at 24 weeks on 31st May 2012 due to severe PE.

I am still waiting for my appointment to go and see a consultant to get the post mortem report and to plan for future pregnancies. I chased the hospital today and they said it would be another 2-3weeks until I would hear from them due to the consultant being on holiday.

My doctor has put me on a low dose of lisinopril to help with my blood pressure. I went back to the doctors today and he still wants to keep me on the tablets. The trouble is lisinopril says it is not safe to take when pregnant. I am so desperate to become pregnant again. I asked my doctor if he can put me on blood pressure tablets that would be safe to take when trying to conceive. He said when I go for my appointment at the hospital to ask the consultant what drug they would recommend.

Just wondered if anyone new of any blood pressure drugs that are safe to take when TTC ?
Elsie Lily Munday stillborn at 24 weeks 31st May 2012 due to severe pre-eclampsia. Always loved never forgotten.
Kathrynwwjd

Re: Preparing for pregnancy post PE at 24 weeks.

Postby angieb » Fri Jul 13, 2012 09:55 am

There are blood pressure medications that are safe to take during pregnancy (labetol is one I hear a lot mentioned around here), so I assume they would be safe to take while TTC, but definitely talk to the doctor about it.
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/
angieb

Re: Preparing for pregnancy post PE at 24 weeks.

Postby blythe » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:09 pm

I like this article about hypertension medications in / for pregnancy, maybe there's some good info in it for you? At the very least it could give you a basis for questions to ask your doctors?

http://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/51/4/960.full
Heather, mom to
#1 7-18-03 - 5#8oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
#2 8-11-06 - 6#14oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
#3 9-10-09 - 5#10oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
blythe

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia