Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Thanks to all those on the forum

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Thanks to all those on the forum

Postby momo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 09:22 am

by momo (9 Posts), Tue Jul 31, 2012 09:22 am

After being told my blood flow to the placenta was very poor I've been reading this website religiously for information. I've been checking blood pressures daily (been on labetalol for last four weeks) and dipping my urine. Grateful every day that nothing awful had kicked off yet and yet still waiting. Well after finding 2+ protein in my urine and bps in 160s/95s I came in last night for steroid shots and a prob c section tomorrow morning. I'm so glad to have made it to 35 weeks even if baby is a bit small.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who contributes to this site because it's been a lifeline for me.

Fingers crossed tomorrow goes smoothly

Gorgeous girl 15/01/2002 born 31 weeks severe pree and HELLP
Beautiful boy 27/08/2003 born 39 weeks with no probs
momo

Re: Thanks to all those on the forum

Postby sam10 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:17 am

by sam10 (1437 Posts), Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:17 am

Good luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes so you are able.

Will be thinking of you!
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Tue Jul 31, 2012 07:42 pm

by trish (2949 Posts), Tue Jul 31, 2012 07:42 pm

I was such a lifeline for me I stuck around for the last 4 1/2 years since I delivered my last! I wish you all the best tomorrow for an easy delivery & healthy mom and baby. Update us when you can.
Trish: mama to my 3 PE Princesses:
Elizabeth 11/6/03 induced at 37 weeks for PE
Katie 4/13/05 induced at 38 weeks for PE
Allison 12/27/07 induced at 36 weeks for PE then PP PE & BP issues for over a year
trish
Forum Moderator

Postby momo » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:07 am

by momo (9 Posts), Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:07 am

Sorry for delay! After decelerations in baby's heart rate baby Etta was born (emergency c section) the morning of 1st August with a good cry and a lust for life. I was allowed to take her with me for the first couple of days but today (day 3) she's been taken for care in the nicu and my blood pressure is misbehaving again. She will be fine I'm sure and I need to see what will happen with my bps (anyone any experience with this?). Have also been inexplicably tearful today! I'm looking forward to a week's time when I'm hoping we'll all be well and together again. Sorry for incoherent rambling - I'm not feeling quite on top form;-)
momo

Postby momo » Fri Aug 03, 2012 03:29 pm

by momo (9 Posts), Fri Aug 03, 2012 03:29 pm

Sorry for delay! After decelerations in baby's heart rate baby Etta was born (emergency c section) the morning of 1st August with a good cry and a lust for life. I was allowed to take her with me for the first couple of days but today (day 3) she's been taken for care in the nicu and my blood pressure is misbehaving again. She will be fine I'm sure and I need to see what will happen with my bps (anyone any experience with this?). Have also been inexplicably tearful today! I'm looking forward to a week's time when I'm hoping we'll all be well and together again. Sorry for incoherent rambling - I'm not feeling quite on top form;-)
momo

Postby caryn » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:22 pm

by caryn (10111 Posts), Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:22 pm

Welcome Earthside, Etta!

You're right in the middle of the postpartum hormonal crash - I never cry but was bursting into tears at random nurses - and a lot of us see a bp spike for bit postpartum. If your bp isn't back to normal within 6-8 weeks you may have some unmasked chronic hypertension, but you've time to recover before worrying about that. PE does quite a bit of damage and it can take time for your body to mop up the chemicals causing the problem.

Guessing: Is she in NICU for jaundice?
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies? Lectures from researchers?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy
caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby momo » Sat Aug 04, 2012 06:42 am

by momo (9 Posts), Sat Aug 04, 2012 06:42 am

Thanks Caryn. I don't quite know why she was taken into the nicu it was as if they didn't notice she was preemie for a couple of days! The nurses were unsure but her blood glucose and bilirubin were okish. To be honest I'm glad they intervened - if she carries on as she is she'll be out in a few days. My blood pressure seems to be going up every day and they won't let me go until it stabilises... Sigh. Still in pre-eclampsia terms I feel I got away very lightly this time.
momo

Return to Pregnant Again?