baby 5 with preeclampsia

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

baby 5 with preeclampsia

Postby monch » Thu Aug 02, 2012 03:36 pm

Hi! I'm new here.. Just found this website.. I'm 22w weeks with my 5th child.. I had preeclampsia with my girls with all of them being anywhere from 2 weeks to 4 weeks early. My son was 2 weeks early because they found protein in my urine.... My youngest is 6 Sooooo it's been awhile & I'm a little scared even though I've been through this before
monch

Re: baby 5 with preeclampsia

Postby sam10 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 04:45 pm

Welcome to the forums and congratulations! Subsequent pregnancies after PE can be very nerve wracking and scary! I am currently also 22 weeks and hope for the best!

Are you seeing an MFM to keep a close eye on you? Is everything looking good so far?
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby monch » Mon Aug 06, 2012 02:14 pm

Hi Sam10!.& thank you. My current doctor delivered both my younger girls so he's aware of my history. All was fine until about 2 weeks ago when my bp started going up. They gave me labetol (so?) But it doesn't seem to be doing much. I have a monthly check up tomorrow but to be honest I'm a wreck. At 22 weeks it's so early to be having high bp :(
monch

Postby sam10 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 04:11 pm

I assume you are taking your BP at home? What are your readings while on Labetalol? What is your dosage?

It is not easy to remain calm. I have my moments of panic, but I always have the option to call my doctor with any questions I have. They always offer that I can come in, so they can check on me.

I hope your doc allows you to do the same, as I find it extremely helpful.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask the Experienced