Post Reply FAQ Members Login

has anyone had this happen to them?

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

has anyone had this happen to them?

Postby eastonsmamie » Mon Aug 06, 2012 04:56 pm

My daughter delivered a year ago 2 Weeks early due to sudden onset of pre eclampsia which after being induce turned into eclampsia and coding twice. After a week stay in the ccu and 6 Weeks worth of visits to a cardiologist was told he heart was fine. She has since delivering had episodes of severe swelling as she did while pregnant. she has had several labs performed which have all come back normal. no one seems to know the answers to this. All the Dr says is climate and food intake contribute to swelling. I don't buy that because we all eat the same diet and no one else swells. I am not familiar with this disease at all. It is very scary and happens with little to no warning signs. She has been the first in our family to encounter this. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them and what they did about it?
eastonsmamie

Re: has anyone had this happen to them?

Postby hillary8l8 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:13 am

I have not had this happen to me, or know of anyone it did happen to, but I wanted to offer my 2 cents. Where is her swelling? Has she had an echocardiogram recently to check on the function of her heart muscle? Did she have any issues with swelling prior to her pregnancy? In my mind there is obviously something wrong, and I have never seen a case of severe chronic swelling that comes from diet and climate alone (although I am not a physician). It does seem as though there is a piece of the puzzle missing, and I would encourage your daughter to be proactive about her care until they can figure out what is going on. One of the other ladies may be able to shed some light on the lasting post-partum symptoms following pre-eclampsia and eclampsia as I am not too terribly familiar with post-partum symptoms.
Miscarriage at 8 weeks- 5/09
Abby born 37 weeks 4 days on 3/25/10 due to PIH and IUGR- 5 lbs 0.5 oz
Chemical Pregnancy lost at 5.5 weeks- 3/11
Pregnant again due Sept. 3 (now chronic hypertensive and on Labetalol)
hillary8l8

Return to After your baby is born .....