Question regarding "atypical" Pre-E

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Re: Question regarding "atypical" Pre-E

Postby alviarin » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:10 am

Glad to hear everything is going well. Good luck at your ultrasound!
Hypothyroid mom to Connor and Claire
(severe pre-e at 38 weeks & "mild" pre-e at 37 weeks)
& baby Annabelle
(chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby danaecgross » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:14 am

So I ended up getting my ultrasound early since I had the history of IUGR and THIS baby is measuring in the 56th percentile! YAY! He's breech, but I'm sure he'll turn (I hope anyway).

I ended up having some horrific abdominal pain, and although I don't think it's related to HELLP/PE, I still mentioned it to my DR because it causes anxiety attacks and tears at night time! They took my blood yesterday for liver/pancrease/etc function and did an ultrasound this morning of my gallbladder/liver/etc. During the ultrasound, the tech noticed that I had hydronephrosis of my right kidney... he then checked my left kidney (although wasn't planning on it originally) and said that one looked normal. He actually said the measurement of my left kidney was 10cm and the right kidney was 13cm and there is usually only a 1cm difference between the two. I don't remember EXACTLY (and hopefully I'll get the ultrasound results soon) but at my LAST kidney ultrasound in 2009, my left kidney was 8cm and my right kidney was 11cm... Again, I don't remember. I'm not sure what this all means but I'm hoping that the most recent ultrasound will explain some of my weird symptoms. If I am correct about my 2009 ultrasound, then I think that would mean that BOTH kidneys are swollen and not just the right one. I'll just have to wait and see what the medical records say and what my current DR thinks! I'll keep y'all posted. I appreciate all the support you ladies give during these stressful pregnancy times!
Danae
DD born 06/13/10 at 35 weeks, 4lbs 13oz, IUGR & Preeclampsia
PREGNANT AGAIN! EDD 10/18/12
danaecgross

Postby alviarin » Thu Aug 16, 2012 05:21 pm

Yikes about the abdominal pain. Keep us posted on what you find out in regards to your kidneys. Hope all else is going well!
Hypothyroid mom to Connor and Claire
(severe pre-e at 38 weeks & "mild" pre-e at 37 weeks)
& baby Annabelle
(chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby danaecgross » Fri Aug 17, 2012 03:03 pm

Got my ultrasound results!
Right kidney has moderate to severe hydronephrosis while the left side is normal. Gallbladder and liver are normal!
I also got my DMSA scan from 2010 that showed a split kidney function of 40% left and 60% right with decreased activity and scarring in the left kidney. I already knew this but I'm not sure how it is interpreted.
My Dr reviewd the ultrasound and said that everything was "basically" normal for pregnancy. My back and stomach have been aching more and more as each day passes and this could simply be from pregnancy. I am interested to see how my appt goes Tuesday. I hate to be so whiny but I am looking forward to the end of my pregnancy. It is getting so uncomfortable!
Danae
DD born 06/13/10 at 35 weeks, 4lbs 13oz, IUGR & Preeclampsia
PREGNANT AGAIN! EDD 10/18/12
danaecgross

Postby MomTimesThree » Fri Aug 17, 2012 05:04 pm

I had hydronephrosis with my second... ouch! I remember it causing a ridiculous amount of lower back/flank pain. Never fun to feel any pain around your midsection while pregnant, it can be so scary. I hope it will resolve itself quickly.
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Ask the Experienced