Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Thankful!

Would you like to share your appreciation for the Preeclampsia Foundation? Please post your comments here...

Thankful!

Postby shadow2356 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 08:59 pm

by shadow2356 (168 Posts), Mon Apr 23, 2012 08:59 pm

There is no question that this site saved my life and the life of my daughter. When I was pregnant a friend had postpartum HELLP. I didn't know what it was so I googled it and this site came up. I learned all about it and the symptoms. When I was 33 weeks pregnant I had extreme swelling, high BP and horrible upper right abdominal pain. The L & D said it was likely gall bladder issues. I told them I was sure it was HELLP syndrome. I kept fighting with them and after some time I was diagnosed with class 1 HELLP and had an emergency c-section. My daughter and I were in separate ICUs but are luckily ok today.

I know if I didn't know the symptoms from here I would have believed them when they said it was a gall bladder attack. Thank you for educating people about this terrible disease. You are certainly saving lives.
shadow2356

Re: Thankful!

Postby eleni » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:23 am

by eleni (468 Posts), Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:23 am

You're welcome! And I just wanted to make sure you all know we read every one of the posts in this section and are grateful for your comments. We are trying to be better about "sharing the love" with all our supporters so please keep posting to let us know how the Foundation has helped you.

Warmest wishes,
Eleni
Eleni Z. Tsigas
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation

2x PE survivor; 29 week daughter died, 35 week IUGR son made it after 2 weeks of NICU fun; 3rd pregnancy PE-free resulted in strapping 8 pounder son, born at term.
eleni
Site Admin

Return to Share the Love