an update...dr still is saying no pre e but i don't know wha

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

an update...dr still is saying no pre e but i don't know wha

Postby arit13 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:32 pm

Symptoms have only got worse. My vision is constantly blotchy or starlit, my headaches or more painful. My lower back is killing. Contractions are irregular, and im having pelvic pain. Im so nauseated i cant get out of bed. My joints feel swollen. And myfingers look like sausages. I'm getting sharp pains on both sides and across the to of my stomach. Dr says its just the heat but i don't go outside. Also this last week i gained 2 pounds, not much i know but o gain one every two. And they didn't tell me my bp this week. I took it myself while relaxed and it was 129/75 when my normal is 110_120/60_70. Not a huge raise, but i was perfectly relaxed. No protein though... Im thinking about seeking a second opinion. My dr is freat but i feel like she isnt telling me something
arit13

Re: an update...dr still is saying no pre e but i don't know

Postby sam10 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:14 am

I am sorry you are not feeling well. The diagnostic criteria for PE is blood pressure of 140/90 or greater, measured on two separate occasions six hours apart and 300mg or above of protein in a 24-hour urine collection.

All other symptoms (headache, vision disturbances, nausea, some swelling) can be a sign of PE, but don't not have to be. This is the tricky part with PE, which is why careful evaluation of your symptoms is important. What has your doctor said about the headache and visual disturbances?
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask the Experienced