New here with a question...

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Re: New here with a question...

Postby jpayne75 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:30 am

Thanks, tree, ladies.

I just got back from my OB's office and he basically told me the same thing, that even if my protein keeps going up, absent any indication that it's caused by the pregnancy, they'll just let me go. *shrug* My BP was initially a little high when I came in (nurse didn't say), the dr. re-did it himself when he came in and it was 120ish/80, so no big deal there, either. Drew some more blood, of course, to check again on kidney and liver issues, so we'll see, but otherwise, looks like I don't have pre-e...just some other "headscratcher" issue, as he called it. So looks like baby girl will be able to stay put for the duration (YAY!) and apparently, the high protein isn't anything to worry about. They have all told me to keep adding protein in my diet, so I guess it's *really* not a problem. I don't know why I don't feel relieved by this news, rather upset actually, but eh -- pregnant lady hormones, right? :)

Thank you all again for your help and information. I really appreciate it!
jpayne75

Postby tree » Fri Sep 07, 2012 08:56 pm

It is always good not to have PE, but I can understand your frustration and lack of relief. It is tough to wait this out. I imagine that it is more difficult when they tell you that your BP may be high and that they don't know what is going on. At least they are monitoring your labs.
I hope you feel a little better over the weekend. Keep us posted. We will keep our fingers crossed for a boring couple of weeks for you.
Daughter born April 2009 at 35 weeks due to Class 1 HELLP
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby jpayne75 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 09:13 am

Thanks! I think it is just difficult to switch gears, is all. I thought everything was fine, and then it wasn't and now it is again? Gettin' whiplash, lol. Here's to a boring 4 (hopefully 5) weeks!
jpayne75

Postby tree » Sat Sep 08, 2012 03:09 pm

I agree about constantly switching gears. That does wear on you. I really hope it stays boring and just mildly frustrating. All you can do is listen to your body.
Daughter born April 2009 at 35 weeks due to Class 1 HELLP
tree
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Ask the Experienced