80% chance...

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

80% chance...

Postby princess purr » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:44 pm

I just need to think out loud... People ask me why when they say there is a 99% chance of something I only think about that 1%... I think being a mom of an angel does that to a person... what were my chance of getting preeclampsia? We will go high since I was over weight and say 15%... Veronica was born at 26 weeks, we will go low at 80% chance of her making it... those odds really I should have an almost 8 year old little girl right now... I think that this experience not only robbed me of my daughter but also on my out look at life in general.. I can be the voice of reason and reassurance for other people but it is always in the back of my mind... what if. I watched hunger games (hated it btw) and when they said "may the odds be always in your favor" or something along those lines it got me thinking... even with the odds in your favor it is not guarantee. My Peri appointment is Tuesday and I will listen to the odds, and gauge my husbands reaction... On thursday I have the test for my abnormal pap and and Praying that all comes back okay, because even though the "odds" are everything is fine, we all know how I feel about odds... Then we get to make the choice to go for it, wait a bit... or if it is in our best interest to go with adoption. Almost 8 years and I don't think there has been a day that goes by that I don't think about her. Wonder how my life would be right now. For the newer angel mom's, dont let me get you down, it does get better... that first year is the worst... but I still have those moments and guess I always will. Honestly I wouldn't trade them though, I wouldn't want to forget Veronica no matter how much nights like this hurt.
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks (1 lb 4oz, 14 inches) because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
Nicholas Robert, 11/22/2013 7 lb 7oz 19.5 inches, born at 36 weeks (due to previous classical c-section) PE FREE!!!!!!
princess purr

Re: 80% chance...

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Fri Sep 14, 2012 02:01 pm

Hi my friend. Ahh yes, I understand all about the odds. I feel the same. People tell me to be positive all will be good. I know they mean well and believe me I try but after going through a loss it's so hard. I am 20 weeks today and just feeling so scared and overwhelmed about the weeks ahead. What's to come? What's in store for me. I miss my son terribly. You are not alone. Keep us posted on your doc appointments,may we both have good news and lots of hope! xo
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Re: 80% chance...

Postby princess purr » Fri Sep 14, 2012 09:02 pm

We could both use good news!!! I'm sure that everything is going to go great with you :-) I know it is impossible not to worry but though!
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks (1 lb 4oz, 14 inches) because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
Nicholas Robert, 11/22/2013 7 lb 7oz 19.5 inches, born at 36 weeks (due to previous classical c-section) PE FREE!!!!!!
princess purr

Return to Grief and Loss