Wow I can't believe your doc said that. Sorry you are having a rough time.
I wonder what your doc thinks about the HYPITAT study
("Hypertension and Pre-eclampsia Intervention Trial At Term") which found an improvement in maternal outcomes with induction at 37 weeks for hypertension or preeclampsia without a difference in fetal outcomes. Right now I'm 36 weeks with superimposed yet still "mild" preeclampsia, and my ob would deliver me straight away if anything changed for worse instead of trying to hold out another week.
So are you having blood drawn for labs tomorrow? If I were in your shoes I'd head to L&D if anything changes. No sense waiting around with pre-e, since it can turn on a dime and worsen quickly in a matter of hours.