protein dip sticks.. Photo Added*

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

protein dip sticks.. Photo Added*

Postby melissaa » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:55 am

My protein dip showed up negative this morning but has streaks of +3 through it. what does that mean? Ill recheck it in a little while, i just thought that was really odd!

Just added a photo for reference. The first one that is faded was earlier today with the streaks through it. The second is about 30 minutes ago. Its mostly negative but has a +2 or +3 edge on the bottom and sides. Im so confused! These strips are BRAND NEW so they're nowhere close to expired.
Attachments
0915121553_1.jpg
0915121553_1.jpg (11.64 KiB) Viewed 432 times
Me (26) D (29)
#1 Addison~ 5-31-07 emergency c-sec 35 weeks. 4 lbs 12 oz. (IUGR, PRE-E, fetal distress)-had to be delivered so fast they broke her leg during delivery.
#2 Lucas~ delivered @ 36 weeks 6 lbs 10 oz. (PIH, PRE-E)
#3 Harper Lily-delivered @ 37.6 weeks 7 lbs (PIH)
melissaa

Re: protein dip sticks.. Photo Added*

Postby amberstrika » Sun Sep 16, 2012 00:37 am

Heya!

Did you happen to have any clumps of vaginal discharge floating around in your urine? Or was it particularly concentrated? When I had some clumps of excretions floating in my urine towards the end, I always had the streaks. Your vaginal excretions will make you positive for protein. To a certain extent of course.
amberstrika

Return to Ask the Experienced