20 week ultrasound

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

20 week ultrasound

Postby Raposa » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:59 am

Lots of good news at this appointment. Baby is measuring right on for the due date at 11 oz (roughly). We're having another boy, too. My blood pressure was down to 138/84. Still highish, but low enough that the doctor didn't feel the need to adjust my dose again. It was good to watch the boy wiggle. He was so jumpy that the tech had to try twice to get a good measure of the heartbeat. Every time she got zeroed in on his heart, he'd bounce around again!

On the bad side, I have lost weight in the past three weeks. I think I can blame fatigue for that, since I've had some moments of insomnia at night and can't nap on days I go to work. When I'm tired, it's hard to eat enough and I don't feel as hungry.

The OB is going to write a letter telling me to stay home and go on my short-term disability starting Oct 1, so that will give me time to wrap some things up at work, and then just focus on resting up and taking care of myself and the baby. Not full bedrest, yet, just to stay home and take it easy so I can get enough sleep if I need a midday nap.
1st son, induced at 37 weeks due to pre-e, born 6/18/10.
2nd son, c-section at 37 weeks due to hypertension, born 1/15/13.
Raposa

Re: 20 week ultrasound

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Thu Sep 20, 2012 02:35 pm

Yay!! Sounds great!!! I go next week for mine at 22 weeks for some reason. I am happy to hear that you will be able to rest more now. I am hoping that you will then be able to relax,nap and eat!! I am seriously considering possibly not working soon myself!! Although it will be a strain financially my husband agrees that my heath is worth it! I am happy to hear your good news. Keep going and growing!!!!
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Re: 20 week ultrasound

Postby julieb » Thu Sep 20, 2012 07:18 pm

Glad to hear you got such good news today! It is always so fun to see baby on ultrasound, especially when things are going well and you and baby are both healthy!
Mason 5/17/07 28w6d 1lb 10oz Severe PE and IUGR
Makenna 4/24/10 36w1d 4lb 8oz PIH but no PE!!! (On Lovenox, Labetalol, Folic Acid and Synthroid)
#3 due 3/10/13...Lovenox, LDA, Labetalol, Synthroid and Folic Acid...praying for another PE free pregnancy!
julieb

Return to Pregnant Again?