New to board, not to Pre-e.

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

New to board, not to Pre-e.

Postby Cthomas2851 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 09:18 am

Hello, so I'm new to this board although I have been on this website many, many times. I lost my first son in 08 due to severe preeclampsia/iugr at 33 weeks that went completely undiagnosed until I delivered. I was in triage several times for violent migraines where I would be very sick and my bp was elevated but was never admitted. By the time my headache was controlled, my bp came back down to 140s/90s and I was released. I went on to have another baby, who is now 3, went to full term, didn't have any problems. I am currently 33 weeks again, and this whole pregnancy has felt very similar to the first, since day 1. I told my doctor this and have had to push to get into high risk and get the testing done. Basically, about 26 weeks preggo, I was hospitalized over night to do a 24 hour urine because I came in with a headache and my bp wouldnt go under 150/90's. It did eventually come down. I was released the next day because my protein level was only like 92 or something silly and I had an appointment. The next time I was hospitalized, pretty much same story, was about 3 weeks later, this time my bp was in 160s/110s. Magnesium was discussed but they used a diff medicine to get my bp back down to 140/90 range. I did a repeat urine, not sure exactly what the results were but again by the next day, was released because I had an appointment that following day. I started NST's not long after and came in on Thursday (this past thursday, I come in monday & thursday for those) and my bp was 150/95. I went up and up and they had discussed mag again. I had just turned in a 24 hour urine on Wednesday and the results were 114. They decided to admit me, again (3rd time) and do another urine. Got the results yesterday (319). I know this isnt extremely high, however, I have a history and now am having some visual disturbances. I told the nurse yesterday before I had the results, I felt drunk. i just felt off.. like something was wrong. I started yeseterday evening with a headache (worse then my dull, everyday headache) and was given tylenol. I slept better last night then I have any night I have been here and still woke up with the headache. I am very gassy so although the right upper quadrant pain was there last night, I think that has more to do with gas. I was told the plan was to do a biophysical sono and send me home today because I have a clinic appointment, growth sono, and nt tomorrow. The growth sono from 2 weeks ago (which was prompted by my belly measuring small at an appointment) showed my daughter in the 20th percentile. I asked the house doc last night, if she falls below that this time, would they consider delivering? She said possibly but iugr isnt until 10th percentile. I feel like what are we waiting for? This time I got steriod shots, I'm 33 weeks, have mild preeclampsia, have a history with a loss, baby is in/was in 20th percentile, I'm having more symptoms and they still want to release me. I talked to my doctor on friday who said she was going to talk to the person above her and try to get a plan in case within 2 weeks I was admitted again like I have been so much recently to do an amnio and try to get baby delivered. Well, isnt this a turn in the wrong direction and shouldnt that plan still be in place? I know its the weekend so no one is here but 24 hours in between me going home and coming for a "clinic appointment" doesnt sit well with me. Has anyone ever been in a similar situation? What did they do? I am not stressing over the fact that I am at the same point in this pregnancy, more just that I have known all along something has been wrong and now that they have evidence, they still aren't doing anything. I'm unsure of how pushy I should be and I obviously don't want my baby in NICU but I know thats better for her then in me if pree decides to become severe or she isnt really growing at this point still. What would you do?
Cthomas2851
Registered User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 01:30 pm

Re: New to board, not to Pre-e.

Postby alviarin » Sun Sep 23, 2012 07:25 pm

That is a tough one. I'd like to think I'd trust my instincts, and head back in to L&D if anything feels off. Whether headache stops responding to meds, baby not as active, a symptom worsens, a new symptom pops up or things just plain feel wrong. You know your body better than anyone else.

Are you doing kick counts & monitoring your pressures at home?

I hope you are feeling better tonight and are able to hammer out a good plan tomorrow. It sounds like you already have regular NSTs but In your shoes I'd want weekly BPPs and growth checks also. Good luck, please keep us posted as you are able.
Hypothyroid mom to Connor and Claire
(severe pre-e at 38 weeks & "mild" pre-e at 37 weeks)
& baby Annabelle
(chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)
alviarin
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1615
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:56 pm
Location: Texas

Re: New to board, not to Pre-e.

Postby tree » Sun Sep 23, 2012 07:45 pm

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I am sorry that you had to find us here, but we are happy to have you.
I agree with Alviarin. If you are discharged, be ready to go right back if your symptoms worsen or the baby becomes less active. I really hope you are either feeling much better or that they agreed to monitor you in the hospital for a while longer. Let us know how you are doing when you can.
Daughter born April 2009 at 35 weeks due to Class 1 HELLP
tree
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 01:55 pm

Re: New to board, not to Pre-e.

Postby noomi » Thu Oct 04, 2012 05:24 am

this time my bp was in 160s/110s. Magnesium was discussed but they used a diff medicine to get my bp back down to 140/90 range. I did a repeat urine, not sure exactly what the results were but again by the next day, was released because I had an appointment that following day. I started NST's not long after and came in on Thursday (this past thursday, I come in monday & thursday for those) and my bp was 150/95. I went up and up and they had discussed mag again.
noomi
Registered User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:18 am


Return to Ask the Experienced

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests