So aggrivated!!!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

So aggrivated!!!

Postby melissaa » Thu Sep 20, 2012 01:05 pm

The dr i saw at my high risk ob (for continued spotting and contractions from the Sunday) actually told me today that pain at my right rib (last night) and right shoulder blade pain (going on 2 weeks) arent at all an indicator of possible pre-e... dispite the fact that ive had a headache for 4 weeks with blurry vision that was HORRIBLE today and was seeing spots in the office..."bc my bp was normal there". My BP this morning and this afternoon both were higher than they have been (still not 140/90 but getting closer). She said my labs (done for rising bp and history) were normal 3 weeks ago so im fine. Im so aggrivated!!! I dont understand why they dont just repeat my labs, even if for nothing but to ease MY own mind!?
Me (26) D (29)
#1 Addison~ 5-31-07 emergency c-sec 35 weeks. 4 lbs 12 oz. (IUGR, PRE-E, fetal distress)-had to be delivered so fast they broke her leg during delivery.
#2 Lucas~ delivered @ 36 weeks 6 lbs 10 oz. (PIH, PRE-E)
#3 Harper Lily-delivered @ 37.6 weeks 7 lbs (PIH)
melissaa

Re: So aggrivated!!!

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:14 am

I am having the same issues with my docs and even when they tell me, well since your bp if fine, blah blah I have still insisted already by 21 weeks on labs, two 24 hour urine tests and an ultrasound . I don't care what they say, there is still no cure for preeclampsia, therefore theses docs don't know enough about it to say everything looks good now so,no need for further tests at this time. There are no real experts in the Ob/MFM world in pre-e, just those that will take us on and hope for the best in managing our care. Its all money/insurance bullshit in the end so advocate for yourself, if your not comfortable then insist! We know how quickly you can go from all looks fine to big trouble! I did pay out of pocket for "extra ultrasound" but it was well worth it! Your body your baby!!! Speak up!
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Postby princess purr » Fri Sep 21, 2012 08:01 pm

I agree, keep complaining until you get what you need. Go to L & D and tell them you are having horrible headaches and let them rerun you lab work. Preeclampsia can move so fast, if you aren't feeling right it is important you get checked out. I would be highly aggravated!!!
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks (1 lb 4oz, 14 inches) because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
Nicholas Robert, 11/22/2013 7 lb 7oz 19.5 inches, born at 36 weeks (due to previous classical c-section) PE FREE!!!!!!
princess purr

Postby marilyn621 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 08:24 pm

You have to keep at it. They were really tired of seeing my face at the hospital by the time my doctor induced me. They kept saying I was "fine" but when I asked him specifically about a 24 hr urine I did at 35 weeks he had to admit the protein was too high. That was two weeks later. I don't think he had even looked at the results.
Scarlett Elizabeth born 12-16-05, 40wks +3, severe PE
Miscarried 11/2011
Rachel Irene born 9-19-12, chronic hypertension and mild PE, induced at 37wks+3,delivered via c-section 37wks+5
marilyn621

Return to Ask the Experienced