Going for another try to have a baby! Scared, excited!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Going for another try to have a baby! Scared, excited!

Postby whereowhere » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:42 pm

Hi everyone,
Just looking for some moral support and maybe some more information as I go along. Long story short, in the three years I have been married and trying to have children, I have had an ectopic pregnancy, a surgery for uterine fibroids, a miscarriage, and in April I lost my twin boy and girl at 21 weeks to severe preeclampsia. I conceived the first two pregnancies naturally, and the twins we conceived through IVF. We are set to do a frozen embryo transfer of only one embryo this time in the second week of October, only 6 months from the day I delivered the twins. I am so excited and so scared at the same time, worried that the preeclampsia may be related to the IVF in my case, and yet feel we need to use one of our frozen embryos since we have several and do not want to discard them. They are precious to us! I am also dealing with my age, I will be 40 in November! I thought I would be a joyful mother of twins the day I turned 40, and now I may be in the early stages of a pregnancy that I am just praying will result in a beautiful rainbow baby that could bring some joy into my sorrow. Any moral support, encouragement from anyone, or even any older mothers out there would help so much!
Ectopic Pregnancy-2010

Miscarriage-2011

Lost my beautiful boy & girl twins at 21 weeks to severe preeclampsia-2012
Mommy & Daddy will love you forever my sweet babies!

Pregnant again, due September 26, 2013. Praying for a pre-e free pregnancy.

Delivered a healthy baby girl at exactly 37 weeks, pre-e free! Had some hypertension post-partum but resolved with BP meds.

C-section planned for September 5, 2013 at exactly 37 weeks.
whereowhere

Re: Going for another try to have a baby! Scared, excited!

Postby trish » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:24 pm

I'm so sorry for all of your losses. (((HUGS))) While IVF and being an older mom can be risk factors for PE it can just as easily happen to younger mothers who conceived naturally. I'm sure you will have a host of Dr.'s monitoring you in your next pregnancy and hopefully, even if PE shows up again it will be much closer to term.

Everyone here is so nice and so supportive. Just keep posting anytime you have any questions or concerns or feel like you are the only one dealing with x, y or z and I'm sure you will get lots of responses from the ladies here who have BTDT. I found out I was pregnant with my 3rd a few weeks before I turned 38 and once you get past your OB/GYN folder marked up with AMA in big red letter, being an older mom isn't so bad! LOL! My little surprise is almost 5 and I wouldn't trade her for the world.

Best wishes to you!
Trish: mama to my 3 PE Princesses:
Elizabeth 11/6/03 induced at 37 weeks for PE
Katie 4/13/05 induced at 38 weeks for PE
Allison 12/27/07 induced at 36 weeks for PE then PP PE & BP issues for over a year
trish
Forum Moderator

Re: Going for another try to have a baby! Scared, excited!

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Wed Sep 26, 2012 09:55 am

Hi! I can relate to both the fear of having preeclampsia and the age thing. My first pregnancy I delivered at 26 weeks due to severe preeclampsia. I was 38 years old. After a 4 month Nicu stay we had to make the horrible decision to withdraw support as our son was not getting better and would be vent dependent . The docs felt he would not live much longer and so did we. We knew he was suffering at that point.

It is 2 years gone by. We weren't for sure about trying again. I think it took time for us to do some healing. In the end the desire to have and love a baby was more then my fears of this happening again. I felt I would regret it if i didnn't go for it one more time! So, here I am . I am 40 years old. I am 22 weeks pregnant. So far so good. I am in the thick of the scariest pasrts of this pregnancy for any woman who has had preeclampsia. I have no idea what tomorrow will bring so I just do my best to stay calm , and hopeful. I can feel my baby moving and never really felt this with my son. It is amazing. Yes, I am scared. This site, my husband ,family and friends have been a great support to me. I have heard so many stories of women that went on to have a healthy take home baby after having a loss from preeclampsia. May you and I be one of those stories. It's not bad being 40 and pregnant by the way, it's kind of cool!! I hope this helps .
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Return to Ask the Experienced