Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Looking for stories - Mom in ICU, preemie in NICU

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Looking for stories - Mom in ICU, preemie in NICU

Postby saffron » Wed Sep 26, 2012 02:08 pm

by saffron (8 Posts), Wed Sep 26, 2012 02:08 pm

I'm looking for people to include in a story for the November PF newsletter in honor of Prematurity Awareness Month.
My own son and I were separated for 8 days following his birth. He was born in a hospital without a NICU and was transferred to another hospital. I stayed in the hospital where he was born for 8 days (6 of those in the ICU). I know that others have faced this or something similar. I want to look at how moms deal with the situation of separation and the need to balance their own recovery with taking care of the needs of their newborns.

There are many reasons for prematurity, but PE can affect both the mother and the infant. If you would be interested in being included in a story about this, please send me a message or e-mail me at sergimus@hotmail.com.

Thanks!!!

Jenn
Jennifer
Aidan, born 4/5/02 on time and without complication
Donovan, born 10/6/06 at 31+ weeks, due to HELLP syndrome and eclampsia
saffron

Re: Looking for stories - Mom in ICU, preemie in NICU

Postby hannahsmom » Sat Oct 27, 2012 08:07 am

by hannahsmom (1141 Posts), Sat Oct 27, 2012 08:07 am

Hi. Just Saw this. You can use our story if you are still in need of one.
Suzanne, Mom to:
Hannah Rose - 26 weeker - 1 pound, 1 ounce and 12 inches long, born 8/24/01. Now the tallest kid in the class!
Brandon James - 35 weeker - 4 pounds, 1 ounce and 16 inches long, born 11/11/09. Very happy baby!

Complications during pregnancies: Severe Preeclampsia, Pulmonary Edema, IUGR, MTHFR, Factor II and Factor V Blood Clotting disorders

Miracles do happen!
hannahsmom

Return to Parents of Preemies