Post Reply FAQ Members Login

could anything else have been done?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

could anything else have been done?

Postby ljsmommy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 09:41 pm

by ljsmommy (24 Posts), Sat Sep 29, 2012 09:41 pm

I had preeclampsia with my son starting at 25 weeks, I had him at 30 weeks due to eclampsia I went in the hospital at 29 weeks due to I had severe pe they didn't put me on bp medicine and it kept rising all they did was give me magnesium for 3 days then they took me off of it I was on no bed rest no diet restrictions anything I started having a bad headache the night before and they kept giving me vicodens to get rid of them but it never went away I went to get an ultrasound the next morning told the nurse I was seeing a wheel in my eyes but by the time I got to the ultrasound room I was completlly blind I told the nurse again they said ok 2 min later I had a seizure they did an emergency c section in 3 minutes and my sweet baby boy was born at 2 lbs 11 oz the nicu was awesome they were wonderful and now my baby is 16 months old and doing perfect but I just want to know if there is anything thing they could of done to help me I know they don't want to induce you sat 30 weeks but wouldn't it of been safer for me and they baby than going through the seizure?
ljsmommy

Re: could anything else have been done?

Postby princess purr » Sun Sep 30, 2012 03:12 pm

by princess purr (1092 Posts), Sun Sep 30, 2012 03:12 pm

The important thing is you and your baby are safe, but I think they could have delivered you sooner. When I was only 26.5 weeks pregnant I got a horrible headache and started seeing spots and they didn't waste anytime with my c-section. I guess it is a judgement call on there part.
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks (1 lb 4oz, 14 inches) because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
Nicholas Robert, 11/22/2013 7 lb 7oz 19.5 inches, born at 36 weeks (due to previous classical c-section) PE FREE!!!!!!
princess purr

Return to Ask the Experienced