PIH diagnosis :/

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

PIH diagnosis :/

Postby melissaa » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:19 am

I went in today for my ob appt and brought in my bp readings. I had gained 5-6 lbs since last Thursday (different scale so im not exactly sure of the accuracy of this) and my bp was 136/72 and 148/72 but no protein on the dip. She said shes giving me a pregnancy induced hypertension diagnosis and put me on modified bedrest. I am to go to L&D if my bp is consistently 140/90 over the weekend and I have a scheduled growth scan on the 10th. Im still a fingertip dialated dispite all the contractions I've been having. She said that with the baby's HR dropping during some contractions that she probably has some cord compression.. it may be wrapped around her arm, leg or neck but as long as it comes back up after a few seconds and doesnt drop with EVERY contraction, she thinks its ok.
Me (26) D (29)
#1 Addison~ 5-31-07 emergency c-sec 35 weeks. 4 lbs 12 oz. (IUGR, PRE-E, fetal distress)-had to be delivered so fast they broke her leg during delivery.
#2 Lucas~ delivered @ 36 weeks 6 lbs 10 oz. (PIH, PRE-E)
#3 Harper Lily-delivered @ 37.6 weeks 7 lbs (PIH)
melissaa

Re: PIH diagnosis :/

Postby trish » Sat Oct 06, 2012 05:50 pm

Sounds like you have a good plan and that they are monitoring you well. Take it easy and rest, rest, rest! Don't forget to do kick counts.
Trish: mama to my 3 PE Princesses:
Elizabeth 11/6/03 induced at 37 weeks for PE
Katie 4/13/05 induced at 38 weeks for PE
Allison 12/27/07 induced at 36 weeks for PE then PP PE & BP issues for over a year
trish
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask the Experienced