5 months postpardum

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

5 months postpardum

Postby Dee80 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 09:55 am

Good morning everyone!

I have a quick question and wanted to see if anyone has advice for me. I am 5 months postpardum after delivering my baby 6 weeks early because of preclampsia. This was my second time developing preclampsia andmu first daughter was also born 6 weeks early too. During both deliveries I had a retained placenta. Now I am 5 months postpardum and have been experiencing very very heavy bleeding during my menstral cycles. I told my doctor and he order an ultrasound and bloodwork. They called me yesterday and said that I need to come. In today because the ultrasound showed thickening of my uterus and it could be left over tissue. They want to discuss surgery! I am so nervous because I am 5 months postpardum and this should not be happening. I am wondering what damage has been done to my uterus since its been so long? I'm also worried about infection but I do not show any signs of infection.

Has anyone been through a similar situation after delivering a preterm baby due to preclampsia? If so, what treatment did they recommend?
Dee80

Re: 5 months postpardum

Postby alviarin » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:03 am

My periods were horrible over a year ago. Lasting longer than normal, bleeding heavier than normal. No significant uterine fibroids to explain the increase in bleeding. However upping my thyroid meds a little took care of my symptoms.

Hypothyroidism can cause heavy or painful periods, and pre-e may raise the risk of later developing a thyroid problem.
Hypothyroid mom to Connor and Claire
(severe pre-e at 38 weeks & "mild" pre-e at 37 weeks)
& baby Annabelle
(chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask the Experienced