Weight Loss Buddies - Fall 2012

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Re: Weight Loss Buddies - Fall 2012

Postby ellemoon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 03:07 pm

Tree- That's great advice about the fruits and veggies being "free"- I will definitely try that. 1200 calories is pretty restrictive but unfortunately, for me, it's all or nothing. I either have to restrict my eating for every meal or I fall apart. Once I start to lose though, that's enough motivation for me to stay away from the bad stuff but at first, I have to be pretty strict with it until I see the numbers start to drop. I guess that's my own little crazy mental quirk.
I haven't weighed myself since the last time...because I just started AF and I feel bloated. :( After she leaves town though, I will get back on the scale.
Leslie (26) DH (28)
Chronic hypertensive since age 17
DD- born April 24, 2011 due to severe pre-e at 29w1d weighing 2lbs, 11oz
Diagnosed with homozygous MTHFR C677T
Pregnant with #2! Due 9/2/13 but will deliver at 36-37 weeks due to classical csection.
(Labetolol, HCTZ, Aspirin 81mg, Calcium, Mag, Zinc, D, Fish Oil, Fiber gummies, Folic Acid)
ellemoon

Postby tree » Tue Oct 09, 2012 04:22 pm

This is the "gain a pound" week of my cycle too. I used to really resent it, but now I know to weigh myself anyway and not worry about that pound or two. It usually looks like a bigger weight loss in the next week.
I agree about being strict about every meal. I have to do that as well. I learned a couple of useful tricks last year when I finally started losing some weight. The first is to track everything including my weight, food intake, and exercise. I need accountability, and I could use the data to see when I was hungry because I really wasn't eating enough or to see that I actually was eating too much to lose. The second thing I learned was how important it is to get right back "on the wagon." Screwing up or occasionally indulging is ok if you get back on plan immediately afterwards. You can even plan for it if you are tracking. I used to think that I was doomed if I messed up or celebrated with a small treat. It is difficult and frustrating sometimes, but getting right back to healthy eating without a guilty period was the big difference between long term success and failure for me.

Here is a question for everyone - I am a big time snacker, and I had to replace my unhealthy snacks with healthy ones to drop the weight. What is a good healthy snack that works for you?
I replaced my daily fig newtons with a banana, and I swear that made a huge difference with almost no effort.
Daughter born April 2009 at 35 weeks due to Class 1 HELLP
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby flori » Tue Oct 09, 2012 09:52 pm

My update as of yesterday:

Current weight: 205.7
Change: -2
Exercise goals this week: actually exercise lol
Diet goals this week: get back on track

Today is our wedding anniversary and we're planning to go out for Japanese later. Hopefully getting back on track tomorrow will be easy. :) I didn't do any exercising last week, I am going to try harder this week! AF showed up yesterday morning, talk about bad timing. Hopefully it doesn't show up on the scale next Monday.
Flori, 30
Mommy to Gracie- born at 25 weeks 03/15/11, 11 inches, 1.1lbs, and absolutely beautiful. Became my sweet angel the next day.
flori

Postby tree » Wed Oct 10, 2012 09:48 am

Flori - Congrats on your anniversary and your weight loss!
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby LauraBeck12 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 03:43 pm

I can't tell you how much you guys have inspired me and helped me on my journey.

Just wanted to chime in an update that I am down to 158lbs! Start point was 197lbs!
and i'm STILL going! I would like to get down to the low 140's/ high 130's and then stabilize.

Much love to all of you guys!
Laura Beck, mother to Our most cherished Love - Our son- 8/1/11- 8/4/11
severe swelling and increased blood pressure started between 20-22 weeks. (ignored by medical professionals)
was finally clinically diagnosed with severe pre-e at 27 weeks.
spent 2 weeks in hospital.
He was born at 29 weeks, at exactly 2lbs. classical incision c-section.
He lived for 3 days in the NICU , autopsy said "lung failure" was cause of death.

http://clercbaby.blogspot.com/
LauraBeck12

Postby tree » Sat Oct 13, 2012 08:41 pm

Congrats on your weight loss, Laura!! You are getting amazing results. Thanks for checking in, and keep it up! We would love to keep hearing from you.
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby princess purr » Sun Oct 14, 2012 03:44 pm

Sooo... I rejoined weight watchers today, the online only one... Weight was 225.2 ughhhhh considering I was down to 204ish at some point in april this means I gained a whole lot of weight kinda quickly. Sooooo lets hope it comes off fast

Exercise Goal: Try to get some exercise in..
Eating Goal: Try to find fruit and veggies I can handle and track all my food
Over all Goal... I would like to be down to 175 by the time we go back to disney in April...
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks (1 lb 4oz, 14 inches) because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
Nicholas Robert, 11/22/2013 7 lb 7oz 19.5 inches, born at 36 weeks (due to previous classical c-section) PE FREE!!!!!!
princess purr

Postby tree » Mon Oct 15, 2012 09:55 am

Val - WW online-only worked for me. PM me if you have questions or get stuck with it. I know you can do this. It takes a little extra work dealing with the dietary restrictions that you have, but you can do it. I had to buy a scale and get out the measuring cups to make it work. I will be getting them all back out this week.

I screwed up this week. I managed to meet my exercise goal (one run, one yoga class, one bike ride, and two hikes), but I was a snack junkie. I learned from WW that having one or two pieces of birthday cake doesn't always lead to a weight gain, but constantly snacking on crackers and pretzels will get me every time. Having both was a really bad idea. This week, I will cut the snacks and not have a birthday cake in the house.

Weight: 145.6
Gain/loss - up at least a pound
Exercise goal: Get some exercise at least six days this week. Will try for a run, ride, and yoga during the work week, and two longer workouts this weekend.
Diet Goal: Portion control and back to eating fruit for my snacks.
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby flori » Tue Oct 16, 2012 05:12 am

My update as of yesterday:

Current weight: 204.4
Change: -1.3
Total loss: 3.3
Exercise goals this week: add in two days of light strength training
Diet goals this week: cut out soda

I was very surprised when I weighed in this morning. Hubs and I definitely pigged out at our anniversary dinner and ate out a few more times because we were on vacation and lazy to cook. Oh well, I'll take it. Starting to worry I wont make my first goal. HOWEVER, it is cool to think that I could be down 30lbs by Gracie's birthday if I keep it up.

I wish I could do WW with you, Val. I did it a few years ago and went from 203 to 175 in like 5 months. Oh how I would love to be there again lol! I remember the general guidelines, maybe I'll do a modified version.

Good luck to everyone this week!
Flori, 30
Mommy to Gracie- born at 25 weeks 03/15/11, 11 inches, 1.1lbs, and absolutely beautiful. Became my sweet angel the next day.
flori

Postby princess purr » Tue Oct 16, 2012 06:48 pm

I'm doing it online, so join online and we can do it together LOL
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks (1 lb 4oz, 14 inches) because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
Nicholas Robert, 11/22/2013 7 lb 7oz 19.5 inches, born at 36 weeks (due to previous classical c-section) PE FREE!!!!!!
princess purr

PreviousNext

Return to Misc