I have a question??? Can you help me???!!!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

I have a question??? Can you help me???!!!

Postby Xio » Sun Oct 14, 2012 02:13 pm

:D helloo !!!! everyone!!!!! I have 27 years and In my 1st pregnancy I had severe preeclampsia at 34 weeks, I had had a c-section. I was on the verge of death by negligence, basically because of my doctors when I was in the hospital they said I was not a patient of them they could not find the medical record. After three horrific days in the delivery room found the record and finally decide to make me cesarean section , obviously after 3 days and was very ill. Well at last, thank God my baby was very strong and healthy. Neither before or during my pregnancy I suffered from high blood pressure, a very good and healthy pregnancy. Even though I was working until the day before falling in the hospital and worked eight hours standing up. Now my son is 27 months and I would like to have another baby, but I have much fear of I had again preeclampsia. Anyone of you who have been there??? And it had achieved a 2nd baby! Thank you! I hope someone can help me! :D
C-section 34 weeks.... Preeclampsia ... Thank God I have a beautiful healthy boy!!! :) he is 2 years.
Xio

Re: I have a question??? Can you help me???!!!

Postby sam10 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 06:05 pm

Unfortunately, there are no definite answers to the question, will PE happen again in a subsequent pregnancy. Doctors can only evaluate your case of PE with your previous pregnancy, test you for certain types of diseases (e.g. clotting and autoimmune disorders) and look at your overall medical background. Based on that, they can give you a statistical probability of you developing it again.

My doctor gave me a 30% chance of having it again (based on my history and medical background), but so far I am PE free!

Emotionally it is very difficult to go through a subsequent pregnancy, and it is normal to be anxious and afraid. It is important to find support and feel safe with your medical care.

I am glad you and your baby are healthy today!
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Re: I have a question??? Can you help me???!!!

Postby Xio » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:43 pm

Thank you very much!!! : ) I'm so happy that everything is going perfect so far. God bless you!!!
C-section 34 weeks.... Preeclampsia ... Thank God I have a beautiful healthy boy!!! :) he is 2 years.
Xio

Return to Ask the Experienced